Undertale - Part One (Septiplier)

(Word Count: 1109)

Mark woke up to frantic whispers outside of his door. He rubbed his eyes tiredly, his curiosity getting the best of him. He quietly approached the thin wooden door, placing his ear gently against it.

"You have to understand, Mr. Dreemur, there isn't much we could do!" Mark smiled at the voice of Monster Kid. He knew that whatever it was sounded serious, but he loved when Monster Kid visited. Ever since he became the messenger of the Royal Guard, the underground has been a more cheerful place. Mark cleared his thoughts, focusing on the voice of the king.

"She's alright, isn't she?" He sounded desperate, his voice wavering.

"She is for now, but in her message, she stated that the human was killing everything in the ruins. She said she's going to stop him before he can make it to the skeleton brothers. Should we alert the town of Snowdin?" There was silence for a few moments, the king seeming to ponder something.

"Mark, would you come out here please? I have a favor to ask of you." Busted. He opened his door with a nervous smile, his glasses hanging crookedly on his nose. Asgore smiled widely, the nerve of their conversation seeming to slip away.

"What's up, goat dad?" Mark said happily. The king's smile dropped a bit, the corners of his mouth just barely slanted up.

"I need you to go out to Snowdin and assist the skeleton brothers. They may require your assistance."

"Should I bring armor? Food?"

"There's pie on the counter, take as much as you need. You have the locket, correct?" Mark felt for it through his shirt. It was there, hanging over his heart like it always should. He nodded. "Good. Grab a jacket and some pie and take the river person. You need to get there as quickly as possible." Mark nodded, grabbing what he needed and heading out the door. "And Mark?"

"Yeah, yeah, 'be safe'. I will. Love ya! I'll be back soon." Asgore smiled sadly, shrinking back into his home. Monster Kid was out of sight, allowing the king the alone time he never wanted. He picked up a picture of his beloved wife, tears threatening to fall.

"Oh, my love. Why must you be so noble?"

***

Mark shivered as he trudged through Snowdin. He knew he should rush to get to Sans and Papyrus, but it was too cold to function. He barely made it before Sans was to leave to check up on Toriel, catching him before he disappeared into the trees.

"Hey, what's-"

"Something big is happening," Mark stated, lowering his voice. He didn't want Papyrus to listening to closely to his conversation. "Another human fell, demolishing everyone in the ruins. Toriel is going to try to stop them before-" Sans pupils shrunk, and he ran towards the door to the ruins. Mark followed closely behind him, trying to stay as quiet as possible. They both pressed their bodies against the door, listening closely for any sign of Toriel or the human. Instead, they heard the sick voice of that wretched flower.

"We can rule this place together, you and I." It spoke softly, letting out a sickening cackle afterwards. They could hear the human speaking to themself, their voice approaching towards the door slowly.

"I just...killed. I killed so many people...my soul hurts...but my body loves this feeling...I need...I need to stop this. I don't want to hurt anybody." They were definitely male. He seemed to hate what he was doing, his voice sounding weak and desperate. In an instant, his voice changed, his entire demeanor taking a whole new persona.

"Oh, but it was so much fun! We should try it again sometime. There are about twelve others behind that door that are asking to feel that knife of yours go right through their souls. What do you say, partner?" It was higher pitched and rough, like it was fighting to be heard.

"N-no! I can't!" A growl rang out from behind the door, angry steps approaching the slab of stone. Sans silently urged Mark away, to go to their guard post and hide. The human behind this door would surely murder anyone who tried to get near him.

"It was rhetorical!" Mark ran, jumping behind the counter. There were empty bottles of ketchup and mustard underneath the counter, half full jars of relish taking up half of the space back there. Mark tried desperately to listen to the human as him and Sans walked closer, but the counter was in the way. He peered over top of it, nearly falling back down after catch sight of the human.

He was gorgeous. He was extremely pale, his green haired contrasting with his light skin tone. His eyes were like ice, glittering behind his glasses. He looked freezing, and there was nothing that Mark wanted to do more than run over and give him his coat. He continued to stare over the counter as Sans and Papyrus talked. The human seemed to be completely ignoring the two of them, his eyes drifting over to the guard post. His eyes met Mark's and lit up, but he immediately snapped his attention back to the skeletons in front of him.

Papyrus walked away, and, after one final glance at the badly hidden red head, the human followed. Sans whipped around and faced Mark with empty eyes, his pupils having vanished. Mark shrunk back in fear, his body shaking.

"It that sicko finds you, he will take your soul and demolish the underground," Sans said, appearing in front of Mark. He cowered against the inside of the guard post. "Don't make Asgore mourn for two lost family members. God knows he'll be devastated after he finds out about Toriel." Mark gulped, the fear leaking out of him. Sans's pupils regained their light, sympathy radiating off of him.

"So she...she's..." Mark held back tears. He wiped his eyes and stood up, brushing snow of his legs. "Okay. I'll be fine. You keep an eye on the human, I'll get back to Snowdin and evacuate people. Got it?" Sans smiled sadly, nodding and shrinking into the shadows. Mark tightened his boots and ran towards Snowdin, taking every 'shortcut' that Sans had ever taught him. He felt motivated, as though Toriel's death had sparked something within his soul; something that made him feel as though he needed to help as many people as possible. Perhaps it was his way of grieving? He didn't know. But what he did know is that he was going to stop the human.

No matter the cost.

******
Sorry if this is shitty. I wrote this in an hour and had to edit it myself. Andy went to a party last night and fell asleep as soon as she got home, so I had to whip something up before too many days passed.

There will be quite a few more parts to this. I already wrote part two and I plan to make it five parts, but (depending on your responses to this) I'll be spacing out the updates by quite a bit. I don't want to overwhelm you all with Priority, Subnautica, and this. So yeah.

Happy reading,

Allie B.