Surprise! (Mark)

(Word Count: 990)

You and Mark had known each other for over a year. You had started dating months ago, but the distance between the two of you was extreme. You lived all the way over in Ireland with your half-brother Jack, who supported the two of you to hell and back.

The only issue with your relationship was, of course, the distance. You could never afford to take a plane over to America, and you'd never let Mark pay to fly you over. He was terrified of planes and hated flying, so him coming out to visit was out of the question. The two of you thought of everything, but nothing was ever able to get you over there.

"I love you, Y/N," Mark said over the Skype call, wrapped up in a blanket. You couldn't help but smile at his adorable grin, his warm brown eyes beaming with joy. He was always so childishly happy when he was on the phone with you.

"I love you too, Markimoo," you giggled. Jack entered your room with a knock, smiling at the black haired idiot on your computer screen.

"Hey Mark! Mind if I borrow Y/N for a minute?"

"Go for it. I'm gonna go make some Hot Pockets." You smiled as you got up from your chair, exiting the room and closing the door. Jack led you into the kitchen, serving the dinner that he had made.

"So, I'm going to be visiting Mark for a YouTube thing next week," Jack said quietly. Your heart dropped into your toes as you took a bite of spaghetti, chewing it slowly. "And I know how much you've been wanting to go out and see him-"

"He's my boyfriend. I've never even met him face-to-face. Of course I want to see him. How could you just-" He cut you off.

"You didn't let me finish. I know how you've been wanting to go and visit him, so I've been saving up, and I bought both of us plane tickets. You're coming with me." You put down your bowl of food, putting your hands over your mouth. Tears of joy sat at the corners of your eyes as you threw your arms around the green haired man, laughing and thanking him over and over again.

"My only rule is that you don't tell him you're coming. I want this to be a surprise to him. Got it?" You nodded, grabbing your food and retreating into your bedroom. Mark was sitting there on the screen, waiting for you to get back. His eyes lit up when he saw you, and you had to bite your lip to keep from smiling too much. You were so excited.

***

You felt bad lying to Mark. He was so upset when you told him that you'd be away for the whole weekend visiting your family in Dublin and that they had no Wi-Fi. You felt bad having to lie to him like that, but you didn't want him to know that you were going to be coming to visit him.

"I love you lots," he said with a pout. "Be careful on your way to your parents' house. I don't want you dying."

"I love you too, and I'm not going to die. I'll tell you when I get there, but be warned. It might be a while. Message me when Jack gets there, okay? God knows he'll forget to." Mark laughed, nodding.

"I'll talk to you in a couple days, okay?" You felt a ping of guilt in your chest as he smiled sadly, his normally bright eyes fully of sadness.

"Okay." You hung up, grabbing your suitcase and getting into the car with Jack. You two were quick getting to the airport and into your plane, the shared nervousness between the two of you thick enough to cut with a knife. You held his hand as you took off, and did the same when it landed. You were both nervous wrecks.

You both grabbed your suitcases from luggage claim before heading downstairs to pickup. You knew that Mark was waiting for you. The two of you walked towards the red head, him noticing Jack first, and then choking on a nervous laugh when he saw you.

Time seemed to stop, everything around you standing still. Mark opened his arms wide, speed walking towards you. You released your suitcase handle and jumped into his arms, laughing as he spun you in a circle. You felt truly happy in that moment, the rest of the world fading away around you. You cherished the feeling of his arms wound tightly around your waist. You memorized the scent of his cologne. You appreciated every step that he took. He was in front of you and you were going to enjoy every second of it.

"I thought you were visiting your parents?" Mark whispered in disbelief, hugging you tightly. He was allowing you to stand on your own, probably laughing to himself about the height difference between the two of you.

"I lied. Jack told me not to tell you." Mark released you, throwing his arms around the green haired lad.

"You are the best!" he said, squeezing him tightly. He released him, grabbing your suitcase for you and bringing it out to his car. "God, I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life. Thank you."

"Eh, anything to see you two happy," Jack said with a smile. "But be warned, if I hear moaning from behind your door I will kick it down and beat you into next year." Mark laughed, the corners of his eyes wrinkling up as he smiled. You found it adorable, slipping into the backseat as the two boys sat down in the front. Mark started up the car and in a few moments, you were on the road, an amazing week ahead of you.

******
A short lil update to keep you guys satisfied with my uploads. I'll probably post tomorrow or something. Idk.

Btw, we're about to hit 100 reads on this story. That's really awesome. Thanks guys. I love you all lots!

Happy reading,

Allie B.

Į̸͇͖̟̫̝̓͛͛̎̊̕'̶͍͉̹̲̝̖̀̋͛̌͌ͅv̴͕̘̑e̷͓̭̠̐͆͑̑̅̈́̚ ̷͕̰̞̎̋̈́̃̀̅͜b̸͖̘̯͗͋e̴̠̪͒͌͆̉͆̕̚è̵̡̦͓̠͗̅n̴̛͙̬̠͒̐̈́̉ ̵͕̖̠̥̉͋͂͝ẃ̵̧͓̳ă̴̬̖̫̥̙͓͆̂̓͠i̶̘̪̮̜͍̟͒̍̓̈́̆͒͘ţ̸̜̖͑̋̑̄i̵͉̚n̴̬̪͉͓͍̦͑̅̕͝g̵̘̯̦̭̟̋̿́͐̀͘