Subnautica (Part One)

(Word Count: 1371)

Your heart was racing as you scrambled into your life pod. You sat down and pulled down the strap, the ship ejecting you out into the harsh environment around you. You strained your neck to peer through the clear hatch on top of your pod, jolting back as the ship, what had been your home for the last two years, exploded. You held back tears as you fell, items around you falling and bouncing around the pod. You were nearly hit in the head several times, but you managed to dodge each object.

It seemed like hours had passed before the pod hit what sounded like water. You were barely able to get out of your chair before the pod made a full flip. Explosions could be heard from outside, and you knew that they were from your ship. The beloved Aurora, a mighty vessel, completely obliterated. You sat on the floor of your life pod, your heart racing, your body shaking; you felt hopeless.

You sat there for a good twenty minutes, tears streaming down your face, before you decided to do something. Exiting your pod was something that you didn't think you'd be able to do. You weren't sure if the air was breathable, or if there were any predators looming outside of your pod. You stood shakily, moving over to the communications device against the furthest side of the pod. You held down the button, speaking into the device.

"This is life pod 14," you said shakily. A sob broke through your words, cutting off your next sentence. You regained your voice, continuing to speak into the device. "I need immediate assistance. Please, if there are any other survivors, my food supply is alright but I only have a small amount of water. My coordinates are attached and-" Something large outside of the pod bumped against it, roaring ferociously. It was incredibly loud, so whatever it was could be heard through the transmission. "Dear god, someone please save me!"

You sat against the wall with the communications device, tears continuing to pour. Whatever that creature was...it was still out there. You could hear it bumping its body against the pod, roaring at you to come out and face your death. You knew that you should be attempting to search your pod for other gear, some other means of survival, but you couldn't find the will to do it. You simply sat there and sobbed as the sun went down and the world outside your pod went dark.

You awoke with a splitting headache, forgetting when you even fell asleep. The world outside of your pod was light again, and you could hear a slight beeping sound from above your head. The communications device was emitting a signal, meaning that someone had heard your message and received your coordinates. Your hope was there for merely a second before the creature from before came back with a mighty vengeance and began ramming into your pod once again, nearly tipping it over. You fell to the floor, hitting your head off of the wall. You groaned at the pounding in your skull, feeling the pod getting rammed into again. Your chance of survival was very slim at this point; if the other survivors didn't reach you soon, that thing will have broken in and eaten you.

You closed your eyes and waited for the inevitable. You wanted to live so badly, but your hope was crushed, and you had nothing left to wait for except your own demise. The creature continued to roar and ram into your pod for a while longer, it's body seeming to be making a dent in the pod. You waited for a few minutes, waiting to hear the sound of its roars and feel it ram into the pod, but it never happened. You sat up, listening close. You could hear it growling it, attacking something outside the pod. A loud whimper rang out from the creature, and you could hear something climbing up the side of the pod. There was a knock at the clear hatch, and you nearly cried when you looked up through it.

You pulled it opened and let in the man who seemed to have saved your life. You hugged him tightly, ignoring the dampness of his suit. When you pulled away you noticed him holding his arm, blood seeping through his fingers.

"Holy shit, uh, s-sit down. I think I have some bandages." You pushed him into a seat, the strap that went with it having broken off. You scrambled through your things, grabbing bandages and disinfectant. You opened your med kit fabricator and removed the med kit, approaching the man and asking for his arm. You rolled up his sleeve and winced, suddenly feeling guilty that he came out there to save you.

"I'm so sorry that this happened to you," you said quietly, pouring disinfectant onto a cloth. "This is gonna sting." He nodded, wincing and tensing up his arm as you rubbed his wound. "Its pretty shallow, but it'll probably still leave a scar. You should be fine though." You wrapped the bandage tightly around his arm, taping it down. He took the med kit from you gratefully, opening it and swallowing a pair of pills.

"Are you alright?" he asked, his deep, gorgeous voice startling you slightly. You nodded shakily. "I thought that I was the only survivor. I'd gotten several transmissions, but each one was empty. This was the last one that I got, so when I saw that thing hitting your pod, I knew that someone must've been in here. And, well...it was you."

"Yeah, well thank you for saving me. I'd given up hope that anyone would come and save me, if I'm honest. I figured anything out there would probably get eaten by that thing or I'd be eaten before anyone saved me. So thanks for, uh...beating the odds, I guess?" He smiled, holding out his hand. You took it, shaking it.

"I'm Mark," he stated with a smile.

"Y/N." He released your hand from his firm grip, climbing out of the pod and jumping into the water. You followed him up, hesitating before jumping in. The two of you hovered above the water for a few moments to get the feel of the water.

"Alright, my pod is back that way, so let's push yours over there. That way we can get as much use out of these as possible." You agreed, and the two of you began to push the pod away from the Aurora.

"I don't think I've ever been more terrified in my life," you stated bluntly, peering down into the depths below you.

"If I'm honest, I'm just as scared as you are. But can we just ignore what's below us for right now? I don't want to think about it. Just focus on moving quickly, okay? Then we can get inside and out of the water." You nodded, pushing the pod with a little more effort. The tides pushed against the two of you, but eventually, you got to his pod.

"Yours seems to be in better condition," you mumbled as the two of you climbed into the pod. He nodded, grabbing a repair tool our of a compartment.

"I used this to fix it up. If it weren't for this thing, I wouldn't have found you in time." You were slightly taken aback by his comment. If he had assembled that thing an hour or two later, you would've been fish food. You tried not to let it affect you as you looked around his pod. The communications device on his wall was blinking, so you rushed over to it and clicked the button. A message began to play.

"Hello? This is life pod 23. I've got a bit of an issue...the flotation device outside my pod didn't deploy. I'm completely underwater and both exits are half buried in sand. I can't get out and my oxygen renewal device is kinda broken. I need someone to come and help me. My coordinates are attached...I'm near some freaky island too. I...if anyone can hear me, please come help." You looked to Mark, and he scratched the back of his head.

"We have to go," you said.

"Yeah."

******
Oooh freaky. I don't think I've seen any fanfiction that have taken up this AU. At least no Markiplier fanfiction. Also, there is no specification whether it is Mark or Jack, and that is purposeful. Both of the men are options in this, meaning that there will be more than three parts.

Tell me if you enjoy this by voting, commenting, or adding it to your reading lists. Feel free to comment or PM to request an imagine. I'm totally open to any ideas (within a certain limit. Smut isn't something that Allie is comfortable with, nor would she be capable of doing if it came down to it. If smut is requested, I'll be the one writing it, and that's only if I'm willing. That kinky shit is something that I'm not terribly comfortable writing)

See you guys, and happy reading!

Allie B.

And

Yours Truly,

Andromeda Leigh Barnett