Blue Lips (Jack)[Part One]

You hid in the abandoned, war torn building with your face buried in your dirty hoodie. The sound of soldiers running through the debris filled streets shooting at whatever moved filled the small town. You muffled your sobs the best that you could, terrified that if you made one wrong move, whether it be a sound or a literal movement, you would be caught and executed on the spot. It was a thought that horrified you, not only because of the fear of death, but also because of how common it had become in your war torn society.

The soldiers didn't leave for hours. You sat in the building until you were confident they'd left, only then barely approaching the front window to see what was happening. You could almost see outside, but someone pulled you back in. They put one hand over your mouth and held you to their body with the other. You could feel tears streaking down your soot covered face. You wanted to scream at this person to let you go.

"They're still out there," they said careful. They sounded male. "If you value your life, I suggest you stay back here with me. They'll be here tonight and tomorrow morning. They'll leave at about noon. Do you trust me?" You shook your head. "Then I'm going to hold you like this until they leave. I'm not going to let you risk our lives." You wanted to reach up and wipe the tears off your face, but he wouldn't budge. He had a death grip on you.

It took a while, but you managed to relax. He still wouldn't let you go, which was totally understandable, but he did let you squirm a bit to get comfortable. You were leaning against his chest, your head resting right under his chin. It seemed to be a more comfortable position for him as well.

"If you want to rest for a bit then I wouldn't mind," he stated quietly. You instantly tensed up. "Oh, don't get your panties in a twist. I don't want you fucking around. If you're asleep you cause less trouble." If you could tell him to fuck off, you totally would've. But alas, his hand was still holding your mouth shut and you had no way to tell him to let you go. Despite your lack of trust in him, you felt that what he said about the soldiers was true. It was just a gut feeling, and since the war had started, you'd learned to trust your instincts. He seemed to be able to read your thoughts.

"I'm going to move my hand away from your mouth," he stated quietly, the muffled sound of footsteps echoing outside the building. He waited until they passed before he spoke again. "But you have to promise not to scream. Anything above a whisper, and I won't hesitate to throw you outside and make a stealthy escape. Understand?" You rolled your eyes and nodded. It may have been a war torn apocalypse, but you were still as sassy as ever. He moved his hand away from your mouth slowly, as though he was still unsure of you. You didn't make a single sound, rather looking up to see who'd stopped you from possibly killing yourself.

Despite the darkness surrounding the two of you as night fell, his eyes shown a bright, vibrant blue. It was a rather blissful sight to see in the world around you; his brilliant eyes, his pale, porcelain skin, and a small bit of facial hair growing on his well sculpted chin. His hair was a faded green, his light brown roots grown in badly. In a way it suited him. A small smirk spread across his face, his gorgeous pink lips stretching in perfection. You realized you'd been staring and turned back to face towards the opposite wall, moving your head back so that it was pressed against his chest. You felt grateful for the position you were in for several reasons. For one, he might've been able to see you blush if you were sitting any other way. Another great thing was your ability to hear his heartbeat, a hopeful reminder that despite the situation at hand, you were still alive.

"What's your name?" he whispered quietly. You shifted slightly when you realized you were practically sitting on his lap, but he merely shifted along with you to make it more comfortable. It seemed he didn't want you moving, and if you were honest you didn't really want to move either.