Chapter 2

Hi sorry I haven't updated in two days, work and school ya know? Anyway please enjoy!
--------
The team was surprised when they got into the base. The walls and floors were metallic and there were control panels a few feet away from each other.

"Man, Mandarin's been busy!" Otto whispered as he held up his saw a bit.

Chiro looked around, making sure there were no security cameras around.

"Gibson, if you see any cameras make sure you cover them." He whispered.

Gibson nodded and looked around. Antauri closed his eyes and tried to connect mentally with the girl.

"Miss, we're here. Can you tell us where exactly you are?" He asked.

The voice was silent for a while.

"Um let me peek out, the skeletal freak just left. Umm the halls are lined with other cells, but they're empty. I remember the door having a small window and it had a number padlock on it." The voice said.

Antauri nodded a bit.

"Alright, is there any way you can sense us?"

"Yes! Yes I can! Give me a sec." She said before going silent.

She then spoke again.

"I can sense you, you're not too far from here but please! Hurry! I don't know when he's coming back." The voice urged.

"Right, team follow me!" He said, leading the team down the hall.

They carefully looked from left to right, making sure that no one catches them. The silence was suspicious and uneasy to them. Gibson searched for any security cameras but only found one and covered it up with some sort of gunk. Antauri kept his eyes on the walls, looking at each passing door until one caught his eye. It had a small window and a number padlock on it. They went right up to the door

"No guards?" Chiro questioned.

"Mandarin must have them on stand by..." Otto muttered.

"Or he knows we're here and is setting up a trap." Sprx huffed.

That was a more likely situation, so the team would have to be prepared and stay on their toes. Gibson drilled the number padlock, causing the door to unlock and the team to step inside. The hall was filled with empty cells with bars made out of electricity.

"H-hey! Down here!" The voice called to them.

The team rushed down the hall until they came upon the source of the voice. In one of the cells sat a Woman a few years older than Chiro, probably in her twenties, with black red streaked hair and piercing red eyes. She wore a purple jacket with a black tank top underneath, and black and purple shorts. She also wore around her neck, black necklace with a red jewel in the middle. She had full red lips and an overall beautiful appearance. Antauri blinked a bit, surprised.

"A-are you the guy I was talking to?" She asked nervously.

Antauri was still dazed before realizing the woman asked him something.

"O-oh! Yes, yes I am." He said.

The woman frowned a bit.

"But you're a monk-" Her eyes then widened in realization.

"You're the Hyperforce! I heard all about you back home!" She exclaimed.

Sprx scratched his chin, were they really that well known throughout the galaxy? He also prayed that this girl wasn't just a edgier version of Krinkle. Chiro smiled a bit.

"Well don't worry, we're going to get you out of here. Sprx, deactivate the bars." Chiro ordered.

Sprx pulled out his magnets and pulled in the electricity of the bars.