Chapter 32

Here we continue the whole mood swing debacle! Hopefully these two nerds will make up. Please enjoy!

-------------------

The two searched through the city streets, getting confused stares from the citizens. The sky was a dark blue with the city lights chasing away the stars. Tilamat felt breathless in a city like this, it wasn't as advanced as Tabithia or their controlled planets but the beauty of the city still captivated him. He quickly shook that off as he almost walked into Mandarin.

"Where could he have gone?" Tilamat asked, looking into an alleyway.

Mandarin sighed.

"That's a good question because most of the old places he would go to are gone by now." He said.

Tilamat walked up next to him.

"Are there any new places we might find him at?"

Mandarin placed a finger under his chin.

"We should probably check the places we usually go to first before anything." He said.

Tilamat nodded as the two continued their search, not noticing the clear sky began to become covered with clouds.

They checked the museum, the park, the arcade, and even at the pier. Mandarin sighed, where did he go?

"Okay so...where else can we check?" Tilamat asked.

Mandarin thought on it when he felt a drop of water hit his snout. He shivered and looked up. The clouds were now dark and heavy with moisture as it began to rain.

Tilamat groaned loudly.

"Are you serious?!" He whined as Mandarin placed a hand over him.

"Let's just hope the others found him because I am not going to search for Sprx in the rain." Mandarin huffed as the two searched for shelter.

The two looked around frantically, hoping that there would be something still open. They then came across a large burger like structure with several tables. Mandarin tried to look around for other forms of shelter but most of the places either seemed too small or closed.

"Hey!" A voice called out to the two.

Tilamat and Mandarin turned to see Mr. Gackslapper poking his head out.

"You should come in! It's raining cats and dogs out here!" He called out.

Tilamat and Mandarin looked at each other before rushing over and going inside, Mandarin having a bit more difficult time height wise.

The door closed and Tilamat shivered before Mr. Gackalapper handed him and Mandarin towels.

"Thank you." Tilamat said.

Mandarin wiped his face a bit before looking around.

"I'm surprised that you're even in out in this weather, it's not like the robot is leaking is it?" He asked Mandarin.

Mandarin sighed.

"No thank goodness."

Tilamat was confused by the interaction between the two, shouldn't this human be crapping himself because of Mandarin? tilted his head.

"Then what are you doing out? You hungry? Because I still got some hover burgers left to-" he began as he went over to his grill before Mandarin held up a hand.

"Oh no you don't have to do that. We don't want to impose." He said.

Mr. Gackslapper waved a hand.