Prologue

*** Edited ***

*** Edited ***

SWARA'S POV

Life is not a bed of roses. At least it has never been for me. I'm... Well everyone calls me Ms. Nobody. So, here we go! This is my world. SWARA AHUJA'S WORLD which consists of only two people. First, my ailing mother 'Mrs. Simmy Ahuja' and a seven years old little brother 'Yash Ahuja' to take care of. That's all that matters to me. Unlike we Punjabis are believed to be, I'm a very timid type of girl. I like to keep things to myself. Now you might be wondering the reason for this. Well, if you have to live your life without a father, it becomes pretty difficult, and that's the case with me!

My father left us when I was hardly fourteen years old and our relatives from my paternal side broke all their ties with us blaming Maa for Papa's death. Our grandparents from maternal side wanted to help us but our self-respect never allowed us to accept it. So we, which includes my mother, my brother and me, we all shifted to Mumbai to start our life afresh. But apparently the fate wasn't on our sides. My mother fell ill and unknowingly the burden of the entire family came to rest on my fourteen years old tiny shoulders. I did and am still doing part time jobs to earn a living and the savings from Papa are being used for our education. So, never in my life I knew what fun actually was. Honestly, I never even had time for fun or for myself.

Right now I'm in the first year of my graduation. I earned a scholarship so that made things a bit easier for us. But my college life has not been a very pleasant experience. I never like messing up with others so I spend most of the time at college looking at the floor. Okay! Okay! You can say that I'm not brave enough to make an eye contact with others as my look has already made me an item of pretty attraction for the bullies. With huge rimmed eye-glasses resting on my nose, head hung down with a small bag resting on my left shoulder and hairs always tied up in a messy bun they always find me an easier target to execute their dirty pranks. And I can't afford to protest as they all are very rich and influential and messing with them will only result in me getting kicked out of ELITE UNIVERSITY, the most prestigious university out there, one which I could only dream of! So, how did I manage to get in there? Well, it's just because of my merits and the scholarship.

So, in a nutshell I'm stuck in a university with these weird rich people and all I pray is to get out of here without creating much chaos and commotion as they already don't approve of someone like me studying in the same institution as them. But everything took a 360 degrees turn when HE entered my life. He came and turned everything upside down. SANSKAAR MAHESHWARI, the weirdest of them all! He's the son of the most influential person in the city and chief trustee of the university. People are said to be born with silver spoon in their mouth but I'll say he is the one born with a platinum spoon studded with diamonds in his mouth. He never let go off a chance to irritate me. It's just like I'm an iron piece, he is a magnet and he always comes getting attracted towards me.