Part 1 : The First Meet

*** Edited ***

A/N

Hey everyone! I have started editing this book. I'll make some small changes here and there. Not any major ones. The chapters that have been edited will be marked as 'Edited' at the beginning of the chapters.

--------------.

Early morning...

The alarm, as usual, buzzes into Swara's ears demanding her to get up. She grumbles and groans cursing the stupid alarm clock as it never shows any mercy on her. Slowly, she peeks out of her blanket to look at the buzzing clock and finds that it is already half past six. Cursing the little screaming thing a little more, she shuts it down and gets up from the bed as she realizes that she has one and a half hour left for the college to start.

She has never paid much attention to her appearance, so, unlike most of the girls she doesn't believe in wasting time in clothes and accessories selection. Picking up a random pair of clothes from her cupboard she makes her way towards the washroom. After a quick freshening up and warm shower she gets herself dressed in a blue kurti paired with a white leggings. She ties her long black silky tresses flowing down to her waist in a usual bun. Throwing her white dupatta across her shoulders and wearing her glasses on she gives herself a final look in the mirror before grabbing her bag and heading towards the kitchen for the breakfast.

Swara: (entering the kitchen) Good morning Maa!

Simmy: Good morning! So ready for the day?

Swara: (shrugs her shoulder) Hmm... Almost.

Simmy: What happened? You look a bit low today? Is it because of your late night working hours?

Swara: It's nothing like that, Maa. I'm just the same as I'm daily.

Simmy: Then why? Why, when you are just nineteen years old, you are behaving like a twenty five plus lady?

Swara: Stop exaggerating Maa! I don't look like that!

Simmy: (chuckling) I have the best idea for you.

Swara: Maa, please no more ideas. I don't know why but I do have a bad feeling about it!

Simmy: Bad feeling?! Nah! Having a boyfriend is never considered a bad feeling!

Swara: Maa... Seriously!

Simmy: What?

Swara: You know, right? I'm not that much into boys. Besides that, all the boys at my college are total jerks with no brain at all.

Simmy: Oh God, have some mercy on me! Look around! Now-a-days, girls of your age have at least three to four guys wrapped around their fingers but my daughter... Ugh! Not even one.

Swara: Maa, are you sure you haven't hit your head anywhere?

Simmy: Absolutely not! Here I'm thinking something good for you and you are behaving like that. I don't believe this. Have some conscience, young lady!

Swara: Then let me get straight to the point. I'm not interested in any boy. And most importantly neither of them is interested in a nerd girl like me. They are more interested in going after the other girls like the ones back at my college. They all look beautiful and very modern, exactly opposite to what I am! So, no more discussion on this topic.

Simmy: That's not what beautiful is! They all try to look beautiful with the tons of make up pasted on their faces. Just a feeble attempt to grab the guys' attention! I think even without any makeup my daughter looks absolutely beautiful.