Part 27 : Not 'Just Friend'

Swara enters the class and Kavita exclaims out of excitement...

Kavita: Woah...!! Look whose here...!! Ms. Nobody...!! The Detention Girl...!! (she turns to Sanskaar) Sanskaar...?!! Since, you'll be alone while leaving after the college, do you mind being my ride today and dropping me home...!!
Swara: Don't worry about that...!! He won't be alone...!!

Kavita looks at her confused whereas Sanskaar seems amused seeing her jealous...

Kavita: What do you mean...?!!
Swara: I mean what I say...!! He won't be alone while leaving the college...!! I'll be with him...!!
Kavita: That's not possible...!! You have a detention...!! You'll be staying back...!!
Swara: (giving a smug smile) So will he...!!
Kavita: What...?!!
Swara: It's not only me who is getting the detention but Sanskaar also...!! We both will be staying back together...!!
Kavita: (to Sanskaar) Why did you do that...?!!
Sanskaar: (smirks) Any problem...?!! I think I prefer being with my SWEET DISH instead of the gas stove...!!
Swara: (glaring at him) Wait...!! Did you just call me 'Sweet Dish'...?!!
Sanskaar: (grinning widely) No I called her Gas Stove...!!
Swara: (folding her arms across her chest) Yeah right...!!
Sanskaar: Okay...!! Now let's go to our seat before the teacher arrives...!! You have to sit here only in the next class...!!

He goes to their seat and Swara leans to say something in Kavita's ear...

Swara: Get one thing clear in your head...!! If I find you flirting with HIM or questioning our friendship ever again, I swear the next painting on your face will be even more beautiful...!!

Giving Kavita a last glare, Swara goes and sits beside Sanskaar, whereas Kavita keeps fuming in anger...

--------------------------.

LUNCH TIME...

Swara and Sanskaar are going to the cafeteria when Ragini comes all of a sudden and drags Swara with her...

Ragini: Sorry Sanskaar...!! But I'm taking her away for a while...!! It's an emergency...!!
Sanskaar: (smiles) It's okay Ragini...!! I'll be with Lucky in the cafeteria at our regular table...!!

Ragini nods her head and practically drags Swara out with her...

Swara: God Ragini...!! Slow down...!! This way, I'll hurt my leg...!!
Ragini: (looks at her) Sorry...!!

They both reach the backyard of the college and Ragini finally lets go off her hand... Biting her nails, she starts pacing up and down the place whereas Swara keeps on looking at her...

Swara: Ragini...!! Are you going to tell me what happened...?!!
Ragini: (murmuring to herself) This is not happening...!! This is not happening...!! How is this possible...?!!
Swara: Ragini...!!

She goes near her but Ragini keeps murmuring...!! Swara holds her shoulder and jerks her...

Swara: Ragini...!! Are you going to tell me what happened...?!!
Ragini: (looks at her without blinking her eyes) Umm...!! Laksh asked me out on a date...!!
Swara: Ohh...!!
Ragini: (furrowing her brows) What 'Ohh'...?!! Are you sure you are my best friend...?!!
Swara: Of course, I'm your best friend...!! You have always been with me...!! You were there when I had nobody...!!

Ragini smiles and hugs her...

Ragini: I know you love me...!! But why aren't you surprised when you heard about my upcoming 'Date'...?!!

She looks at her and Swara gives her a sheepish smile...

Swara: Maybe because...!!
Ragini: Because...?!!
Swara: Ialreadyknowaboutyourdate...!!
Ragini: (confused) What...?!! Come again but... this time a bit slowly...!!
Swara: I already know about your date...!!
Ragini: (shocked) What...?!! But how...?!! I mean Laksh asked me today only...!!
Swara: Laksh came to me and Sanskaar yesterday and asked us to help him out with the 'Date'...!!
Ragini: Laksh asked you for help...?!!
Swara: Yup...!! He is kind of nervous about...
Ragini: (cutting in between) What...?!! Why is he nervous...?!!
Swara: Have some patience darling...!! You'll come to know about it soon...!! So, stop freaking out...!!
Ragini: Easy for you to say...!! I'm a tom-boy Swara...!! Everyone knows that...!! How can you expect me to act girlish all of a sudden...?!! Do you even know how it feels when yesterday only you gave away your first kiss...?!!
Swara: (shrugs her shoulder) How would I know...?!!
Ragini: (to herself) Yeah right...!! You haven't kissed 'HIM' yet...!!