Travis

Travis (P.O.V) 

I'm packing my things when Dante walked in. "You movin' out?" Dante asks with worry because I pay most of the bills. "No. I'm taking care of Zane, something happened." "Not again. You know I really hate his dad. It seems like every other month he comes and beats Zane half to death, literally." "I know I've only been here for a month but how come no one warned me that this happens ever other month" "We didn't think it was important and we didn't want to worry you with someone we thought you wouldn't talk to especially after high school." " What happened in high school was my fault too. So please don't bring it up" 

~Flashback~  

I'm sitting in class when Zane comes in running for his seat. Everyone is giggling  except for me I thought he was a good guy just shy. And by shy I mean he has a mask he won't take off ever, he wears long sleeves that he wont pull up, and he got a pass for gym so he doesn't wear what we wear for gym and he doesn't change in the locker room, lucky. But he was good guy despite the fact I've only talked to him once and he ran away. After class I go to ask him why he was late but my papers fall to the floor and he trips on them and falls on to me kissing me in the process. Everyone sees it and called us offensive nicknames for the rest of the year and we were seniors so it was stuck in my mind. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, I won't say anything. Just be careful with him, he's had a rough time recently. And I'm not talking about his dad beating him half to death," Dante said then walked away, leaving me confusing. 'What does that mean?' I thought to myself. I continued packed then head back to the hospital. 

I get to the hospital and go in to Zane's room. "Hey Zane and Aph, I brought cupcakes." "Oooh what kind?" Aphmau jumps up and runs over to me. "Every kind that was at the store, because I didn't know what kind you guys like and I've never had cupcakes before. "What!" Aphmau practically screamed "Well you're gonna try one now right?" I already knew how to handle this situation, just pretend you already ate. "No, I ate a sandwich while I was home so I'm not hungry." She looked at me with slight worry in her eyes but Zane stepped in and saved me. "Aphmau he can try a cupcake later, right now he needs to sit before he falls over." I silently thanked Zane and sat down. Aphmau ended up staying until nine and Zane fell asleep at nine thirty. Maybe tomorrow Zane and I can talk about high school, because I really want to apologize.