Prelude

A/N: This story will be changing POVs. Right now it is only Marina's POV.

*

"Jesus christ, Jack, put some clothes on." I scolded, covering my eyes with my hand. Jack was running around my dressing room completely naked, for no apparent reason.

"C'mon, Rina, you know you like it." He smiled.

I laughed. "Go bother the other girls. I'm trying to check my email." 

"Did you check your spam folder-"

"Not this again..." I mumbled.

"-for ads for strong, poweful erections!" he thrusted.

"You know, I wish I'd never told you that!" I hissed. Years ago, all I ever got in my spam folder was advertisments for male enhancements, and being the big mouth I was, I just had to complain about it to Jack. He, of course, never forgot.

"Hey, Rina, I was-" Kianna walked in, but paused. "Jack, what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm trying to distract Marina. I think it's working." he innocently stated.

She glanced down at him. "Don't you think it's a little cold in here for that?" 

"Khanna!" I raised my voice. "That wasn't very nice."

"I'm just being honest." she shrugged.

Jack covered his lower body with a towel and sat down, defeated. 

Kianna sat across from him. "I'm just joking. You're plenty big."

"Jack, is that my towel?" I asked, finally noticing the pink and black print.

"I think so." He looked down. He took it off. "You can have it back."

"It's alright, you use it. Just wash it before you give it back." I instructed. No point in getting worked up over it. I sipped my java.

"Where's Jordan? I wanna go say hi." Kianna stood again. She was referring to Jordan Eckes from We Are the In Crowd. Them, us, Mayday Parade, and All Time Low were about a week into the Long Live Us tour. My band? Well, we're different.

Still Burning Daylight. Our name means to not waste the time you have, hence "Burning Daylight". I couldn't pick a better band to be in because we all have the same back story: small town girl moves to San Diego to pursue music dreams. Yes, I said girl. Not what you were expecting? Well the other thing we all have in common is our gender. Everything else, we couldn't be more different.

The band is like a family, in more than that cheesy "have each other's backs" way. We all play a role in a typical, American family. It all starts with Kianna, the one who acts the youngest (although she isn't). That wise-ass kid who swears way too much and uses toilet humor more than the rest of us. Colby, on the other hand, was our quiet bassist who acted like an older sister to Khanna. Next was me. I was like that mother who is very nuturing and caring, but still has her fun moments and desperate times. I'm a complete worry-wart and am always calling on Emily, who's like the grandmother. In this case, she was the oldest and the wisest. She just knew what to do in any situation. And whenever I was in a crisis, she is always there.

I set down my laptop and grabbed my silver and black Sharpies. Tonight, we were at a venue with a fence around the line. That meant I could go out and sign things and maybe grab some new fans. You never know!

Colby and Khanna always gave me crap about not wearing makeup when I did this. But it's not as though the fans cared. And I thought it made me more down to earth. 

As I walked out with my bodyguard, Chris, beside me, the kids in line screamed. I guess I shouldn't say kids because about a third of them were older than me. I had only turned eighteen in October, and it was the middle of May now.