Time-Bomb

Alex's POV:

I woke up next to Jenna again. It had been about a week since the message, and I'd been drowning myself in heavy liquour ever since. I didn't see the point trying to think anymore. Thoughts tended to destroy me.

I sat up on the couch, browsing through twitter. There was an extreme mass of fan tweets, all sending me the same video, or slightly different versions of it. Most of the tweets themselves were "@alexalltimelow LOOK AT WHAT MARINA DID" or "@alexalltimelow is this song 4 u?". What song were they even talking about?

I saw the titles. "Still Burning Daylight- The Calendar cover". The Calendar. A Panic song? I was intrigued, and decided to leave the room and listen.

As I sat at the table in the kitchen, I noticed that no one else was awake. Weird, I was normally the last person out of bed. I heard the light shake of a tamboreen in her hand. Her sweet, enveloping voice sang words so clearly. The lyrics, I saw pain etched into her face while she continued to sing. I felt bad. I'd be damned if I said I didn't still care for her, or feel for her. "Put another X on the calendar. Summer's on it's deathbed.  There is simply nothing worse than knowing how it ends." She was covering this for me. I just knew it. I put my hand to my mouth. Did she still love me? Was she still a sour liar? I saw a new, more innocent her through this song. 

I asked myself, why did we ever split? But there was so much leaning on that question. I walked out because I had to. Maybe, if I didn't have to leave, I could've convinced her to stay. But I never did. I hated her a bit inside now. No, I said to myself. NO! She kept something so important from me, and she tried to fight back. She was being stubborn. Marina the monster. That might as well be her new nickname.

And if she was going to cover a song for me, I was going to cover one for her. Just not as sumbliminally.

___________________________________________________

"Brendon!" I ran to him after he'd finished soundcheck. 

He turned to me. "Yeah, what's up?"

"Brendon, I need to ask you a huge favor. I need to cover one of your songs in a parodic way."

He laughed. "Is that even a word?"

"Well I hope so."

He gave me a large grin. "You're trying to get revenge on Rina, aren't you?"

"How'd you know?"

"I got the video this morning too." He paused. "I think I have an idea."

I broke into a smile. 

____________________________________________________

"Hey, you guys, quiet down for a moment." Brendon told the crowd. "Some of you have probably been through rough breakups lately, where your ex just doesn't seem to care." They cheered. "One of my friends has been, too. Could you please welcome Alex Gaskarth to the stage!"

I ran out with my Microphone in my hand. "So everybody, I'm gonna join Brendon for a song. We've changed the lyrics a little. Is that alright?" They cheered. "That's great because you don't actually have a choice." They laughed.

Brendon began. "I was fine just a guy living on my own.
Waiting for the sky to fall.
Then you called and changed it all.
Doll."

"Velvet lips and the eyes to pull me in.
We both know you'd already win.
Mm your original sin." I added.

"You fooled me once with your eyes now, honey.
You fooled me twice with your lies and I say-" He continued.

"Rina smiles like Rina doesn't care.
She lives in her world so unaware.
Does she know that my destiny lies with her?