Weightless

Marina's POV:

"Wow this place looks posh." Alex eyed the apartment building. 

"I know. He's been trying to save up for a house, but this is what they have until then." I explained, taking his hand and leading him.

Tonight was Thanksgiving, and my older brother, Don, had invited Alex and I to have dinner at his place in DC. Since all my girls were going home for the holiday, and my brother was alone every year, I thought it would be a nice jesture to come. 

Today had been an amazing day. I woke up in my new home with Alex, and made him breakfast. Then he strolled in to the kitchen, shirtless, and helped me finish it. Afterwards, we made a quick run to his parent's house to get the Cirlces and Baz, and then we came home and baked two pies from scratch. That was wicked fun. He made a total mess. While he cleaned up the messes of apple and peach, I made another no-bake chocolate pie, and started on the green bean casserole. These were our contributions to dinner. My brother, Don, and his wife, Ella, were making potatoes, corn, buns, olives, stuffing, and the turkey. 

After everything came out of the oven, I wrapped it up well and Alex made rice and barbeque chicken wings for lunch, which were delicious. For most of the rest of the day, we cleaned and surfed pinterest and goofed off. I managed to convince him to do a yoga session with me, which he hated. He helped me find something decent to wear, which I was grateful for. Eventually, we hopped in the car and took the short ride to my brother's home in Washington DC.

"What floor is your brother on?" Alex asked. 

"Fourth floor. You think we can make it without the elevator?" I hopefully asked.

"Of course." He started trudging up the stairs. "So what's your brother really like? I mean, the only other time I met him, I couldn't really get to know him."

"He's classy. He doesn't swear very often. But he can be really funny. He likes scotch. And you won't have to worry about him saying things out of context beause he never does." I cracked my neck. "You'll really like him."

"How did he like Levi?" He curiously questioned.

"Alright, I guess. There wasn't a lot they could connect on, but Levi is really nice and honestly, who doesn't get along with him." I shrugged. "How did your folks like Lisa?"

He paused, almost as if he were picking the exact words to say. "At first they really liked her. She was a very innocent teenager. But when we got older, she definitely became more of a bimbo, and my overly posh parents weren't really fans anymore."

I laughed to myself. "What about me?"

"They thought you were awesome. Even after the first time you guys met, my mom was like 'Alex, you should date her. I like her'." He smiled. "What about your folks?"

"My mom think's you're a riot. My dad really appreciated you coming up when Pepere passed. And my grandparents love you. But the rest, they really don't even know you." I opened the door to the fourth floor, waltzing in. Alex followed close behind. 

I wandered around until I found my brother's door. I knocked, and he opened it. He looked sharp, as always. His black hair was combed normally, black rectangular glasses resting on his nose. He was dressed in khakis, nice shoes, and a patterned sweater. His white smile shun bright. "Yay! You're here!"

"Don!" I hugged him. "How are you?"

"I'm fantastic." He answered. "Alex, how ya doing?" 

Alex shook his hand. They were about the same height, Alex a bit beefier. "Doing great."