The Reckless and the Brave

Recap of last chapter since it was privated: They all went to TGI Friday's and Marina and Alex had a fight. WHAT A SUPRISE.

Holy shit! Already on Don't Panic? A few more chapters including this one, then editing, then the sequel (although those last two will probs happen simultaneously).

*

Alex's POV:

It was a Monday, and Marina and I still weren't on decent terms. Something had happened at that fight that just set us off on a bad foot. No arguments since then, just a lot of bitterness lingering. I hated it, but like I said, it was her turn to apologize. To put down her walls.

I rolled out of bed, in the early afternoon. I heard small chatting from the other room. I slipped on a clean pair of jeans, then tossed on a plain shirt. They went together fine. I walked to the other room, stumbling into my shoes.

"Alex, we were waiting for you." Zack said. "Gotta go do soundcheck."

They all stood, and I followed them out. Jack walked beside me. "Alex, I had the funniest dream last night. We were all traveling with a cirucus, and Zack threw knives, and he hit Rian in the eye!" He laughed.

"Fucking hysterical." I rolled my eyes.

"Well aren't you a ray of sunshine." He walked faster.

"Jack, I haven't even been awake for more than a minute. There's no way I'm even going to bother processing why Zack killing Rian would be funny." I answered.

"But it was! And he didn't even kill him." He crossed his arms.

"Lighten up, Alex." Rian instructed.

"I'll lighten up when I wake up."

"You are awake. Now slap on your pretty buisness face and get to work."

"God, what's up his ass?" I mumbled.

Zack answered that for me, quietly. "He had a big of an argument with Cassadee last night. He's just a little touchy." He paused. "What I'd like to know is what's up your's."

"Nothing." I hissed. 

We walked into the venue without much conversation. I was pissy, Rian was pissy, and Jack was being annoying. Zack, however, seemed mediocrely content.

This was one of the bigger venues of the tour. A full on arena, sold out at 15,000 tickets. I was so syked to be headlining. The tour was technically a co-headliner, but we'd been playing last every show yet. I doubted it would change. We were a bigger, better band than SBD.

The backstage area, however, was not as lovely and exciting as the seats. In fact, it was like a maze. People constantly moving around, blocking doorways. A complete fire hazzard. The guys and I danced our way to the right side of the stage, where we saw Matt waiting for us. But when we got closer, his face was confused. As we climbed the stairs, we saw what was so confusing. Marina, Colby, Kianna, Emily, and Michelle. Marina had her mic stand getting adjusted, with her mic and everything.

"Matthew," Michelle called out, as she always called him that. She hardly ever spoke, but when she did, she meant buisness. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot." He went to center stage to meet her. "I just had to order new merch, and that made the top of my paperwork today, not the scheduel change. Sorry about that."

"It's no problem, really." She responded, then turned back to the girls. "You wanna grab your equiptment?"

They all turned to go. I was confused. Matt came back over to us. "What's going on?" I asked.