Running From Lions

THIS JUST IN: I fixed my shift buttons! YAAAAAAAAAY!

Marina's POV:

I heard the soft sound of Alex's breathing. It cleansed the air and awoken the warm place inside of me. I lied beside him, feeling his heartbeat with my palm. I lightly stroked his fuzzy chin with my thumb, observing every little hair. His chest and stomach rose up and down, slowly and steadily, like a powerful march. I ran my nose along his neck until I found a comfortable spot to rest my head. I heard the sounds of a few fans coming from outside the bunk, whisping away, creating cool air. Otherwise, the only sound was coming from Alex's mouth.

There was a shuffle beside be, and an extra large breath. His voice grumbled. "Mm, morning babe."

"Morning hun. You look so damn sexy when you sleep." I mumbled.

"I had such a great dream last night." 

"Mm? What was it about?" I questioned.

"My band was on stage, and our setup was like cowboy related. So we were opening with a cover of I Write Sins Not Tragedies, but Jack played bass and Zack played guitar? Anyway, we couldn't find Jack so we had you play bass, and the energy was all wrong." he broke into a smile. "So just as we were about to begin again, Miley Cyrus came running out, singing Wrecking Ball, and you just hit her in the head with your bass, and she fell right over!" he was cracking up by now. "I swear, it was the funniest fucking thing I'd ever seen."

"You don't think I'd actually hurt anybody, do you?" I questioned.

"No, of course not." he laughed.

Suddenly, the curtain was swung open. "Marina, can we go get coffee?" Emily asked me.

"Sure, why not? Lemme just throw on some real pants." I climbed out, giving Alex a quick kiss.

I stumbled into some pants, and threw on a clean tank top. "So I'm guessing you wanna tell me all about last night."

She opened the door. "Yeah, and some other stuff."

I opened the door to Starbucks. "Like what?"

"Just a few little things, that's all."

We ordered and sat, then recieved our drinks. "So how was last night?" I asked, taking a sip of my vanilla latte with soy.

"Romantic. You know Zack, we don't often like to get intimate in front of people, but there's something so edgy about it." she sipped her mocha. "So we had a romantic evening together and it was great. But, I woke up this morning and puked. Just once, then I felt fine."

"You're not coming down with something, are you?" I innocently asked.

She paused for a moment. "I have something really important to tell you."

I furrowed my brows. No. "What's up?"

"I'm pregnant." she stated.

My entire body was plauged with shock. I began to panic. What should I say; what should I do? What does Emily want to hear right now? I've never had anyone tell me they were pregnant before! "Umm, congratulations, I guess?"

"You don't know what to say, do you?" she asked.

"Not really." I awkwardly laughed. "Umm, when did you find out?"

"Well, I kept waking up and puking, but I felt totally fine afterwards. And then I gained two pounds, so I asked my mom and she said I should take a test." Emily took another sip of her drink. "So I snuck out this morning and took one, and sure enough, it was positive."