We Say Summer

Marina's POV:

Finally, we were together. His lips tasted like success. What in the world had even gotten into me before? I knew Lisa scared me, but never did I think that I'd overcome the fear. Alex truly made me happy, and that's what mattered.

As I bid my high school friends goodbye, I thought about the way they had treated me tonight. Normal, but like they really had missed me. Maybe now they're growing up a little. My thoughts were interrupted by the bus snaking its way up the line, making all the limos look like hybrids. Alex swung open the door, taking my hand and leading me in. I made sure my entire dress was in before closing the door.

"Where am I taking you?" our driver asked.

"To Boston. The rest of the band is at the hotel, right?" I questioned.

"Yep." he replied, shifting gears.

"Get me out of this monkey suit! It used to be fun but now it's just uncomfortable." he whined.

"Challenge accepted." I crossed my arms.

"You serious?" he asked.

"Yeah, c'mon to the back room with me." I took his hand, gently leading him.

"What, you want another show?" He raised his bushy brows.

I closed the door. "I had such an awesome time tonight. Honestly, I couldn't pick a better date."

"I did, too." he sprawled out. "You gave me a second chance at my shitty prom. Thanks, babe."

I straddled over him, lightly pressing my lips to his. "You're most certainly welcome."

He kissed back. "Is this what you're dating me for, to get into my pants?"

I laughed. "Pretty much. It's about the only thing we weren't doing before."

"Works for me." he smirked.

Our tongues danced around our mouths. I slowly moved my lips down, tracing a trail of kisses down his neck. He tensed up, holding my hips a little tighter. One by one, I unbuttoned his shirt, running my fingers through his patch of chest hair.

"Oh, Marina Hudson, why do you tease me so?"

"Because I like seeing you in pain." I giggled.

"Fine. But I think you're forgetting that I'm a lot bigger than you." he crossed his arms.

"You wouldn't even be able to pick me up with one arm." I countered.

"Incorrect." he stood, throwing my over his shoulder, only using his right arm.

I squealed. "Alex, you made your point. You can set me down now!"

"What if I don't want to?" he questioned. "What if you were just my little ray of sunshine, and I carried you everywhere I went?"

"I don't know. I wouldn't even be a solid object, so I'd probably weigh like 110 pounds less." I laughed.

"But would you be happy?"

"Of course I would. I'd be with you."

He smiled at the ground and set me to be just above him. He kissed my neck a million times, and went down to my cleavage.

"Hey, where are you headed?" I grinned, moving his chin up with my finger.

"Paradise, you wanna come?" he looked up with innocence.

"Sure, what should I bring?"

"Well, certainly not clothes." he chuckled.

"If you get naked, I will, too." I explained.