A Party Song (The Walk of Shame)

Alex's POV:

The brisk air tickled the back of my neck. Dewy grass lie under my sweaty body. Jesus christ, what had I even gotten into last night?

I remember the day so vividly and angrily. How dare she do that to me? I left, then bawled, without seeing a single drop from her. Christ, I felt so pathetic. I had ranted so deeply to the guys, who found what she did absolutely appauling. And nasty.

So I hopped directly off the plane and ran to the closest bar. These emotions had attacked me, and I wanted them to go away. I wanted to not feel at all. It wasn't fair. So I drank and drank until I blacked out.

I glanced up at my surroundings. Rain was coming in, in this Brittish suburb of London. The smell of gasoline hautned the air. Buses were parked about fifty feet away, and very few people walked around. I looked down on my shirt. Well, at least there wasn't any vomit.

I sat up, looking at my palms. I wondered if it was really over. If I could actually forgive her. How I wondered. I felt my phone in my pocket, then took it out. It was only 10 here. I checked twitter as well, and it was flooded with confusion. Kids asking constantly, what happened between you and Marina? How did they know?

I went to her profile. Her newest tweet was "Ahh, nice to be back in SD." The next one down was the one I was looking for. "I would like to make a statement: Alex and I are no longer together. It was a mutual breakup. Please do not send hate to either of us."

Mutual my ass. This was all her fault! But then again, I wasn't even sure if we were together or not until I saw that. But just- how immature of her to make it public. Clearly she didn't want to work things out. And truly, after seeing that, neither did I. She owed me such an apology. I glanced up again and saw Hemmo walking by.

"Hey, Luke, what did I do last night?" I stood, running after him.

"Don't even talk to me, you asshole." He spat.

"Could you at least tell me what I did to piss you off?" 

He turned around and glared at me, staring directly into my eyes. "Try what you did to Marina."

I rolled my eyes. "Are you fucking kidding me? What does that have to do with you?"

"Everything." He hissed. "You're dragging all of us into it."

I wasn't dragging anyone into anything. "You don't know what the hell you're talking about."

"Do I not?" He yelled, progressively louder. "You nearly ripped her heart right out of her chest!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE DID TO ME!" I screamed in defense.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO HER!" He countered.

Did to her? What did he mean?

He calmed down. "She was so delicate, and so beautiful and different. What you said was completely uncalled for and out of line." Tears started coming.

"You have no idea what I even said." I said through gritted teeth.

"Colby told me everything." He raised his voice again. 

"Yeah, and Marina fed her lies. That's all the bitch is. A liar and a fake." I hissed.

"That's not true!"

"Yes it is! I thought I knew her and she completely decieved me!" I fought back. "You try loving someone for a year and watch them turn into a different person!"

"It's called faith in love!" He begged. "You were all she had and you just walked out!"

"If she wanted me so badly, then why did she end it?"