Noel

Alex's POV:

So yet another oppurtunity to impress Marina's family. The bus dropped us off at this luxourious, beautiful log house, overlooking a large backyard and a lake. The grass was a bright, healthy green and trimmed to perfection. A few bikes were leaning against the red garage, and a basketball hoop was set up in the little nook of the driveway. The sun was shining without a cloud in the sky. A slight breeze left me perfectly cool. This place was obviously heaven.

"Want me to grab that for you, babe?" I asked Marina, who had a backpack stuffed beyond capacity. 

"Sure. I'll carry your toiletries bag." she took it right off my shoulder, tossing it over her own. So now I had the big bags, and she had the little one. It seemed fair enough. Everyone had some sort of overnight bag. We'd be staying here tonight, which was a relief. And I was also told that her grandparents weren't that conservative, so we'd be staying together. A nice big bed with my girl sounded like heaven right now.

"You need any help?" and elderly man with a cane walked out.

"No, Pepere, we got it. Go sit down." Marina directed.

"You gonna introduce me to your friends?" he asked.

"Of course, Pepere, after we get all the stuff inside." Marina answered.

Colby, Kianna, and Emily obviously didn't heed this. They all ran to greet Pepere and give him a hug. They already knew the grandparents from their many visits up here. For me, well, it was a first, and I was intimidated by the thought that I would be introduced as "boyfriend" instead of just "friend".

"Where should I take these into, Marina?" I asked her.

"Uh, lemme get the door for you. We'll just go in through the basement. That way you won't have to carry these downstairs." she said.

"We're sleeping in the basement?" I asked.

"It's really nice. You'll see. I mean, the pullout couch isn't going to be that comfortable, but I sleep on you anyway." she chuckled.

I entered the basement, which was cooler than outside. There were paintings everywhere, all of one town. The coffee table was painted in the same style. I set the bags down on the floor, noticing the clean, plush creme carpet. A very short elderly woman with round glasses and jet black hair came down the stairs with a basket in her hand.

"Memere!" Marina gave her a hug. This was one of few people shorter than her.

"Marina, who's this one?" Memere smiled at me.

Marina took my arm and dragged me forward. "This is Alex. He sings for All Time Low. You know, the one that's not screaming."

"Nice to meet you." I extended a hand.

She got right up and gave me a hug. "Great to meet you! Rina talks about you all the time."

"Memere." Marina blushed. She was so damn adorable when she blushed.

"He's so much cleaner than the last one." Memere said quietly to Marina.

"I know." she laughed.

"Hey, Levi may not be that clean, but he's a solid dude." I said in defense.

"Well, Levi is nice and everything, but he's not Alex." Marina took my arm again. "You need help with anything, Memere?"

"Not really. I'm just gonna need a count of who wants hot dogs and who wants hamburgers." she said.

"Memere, I was gonna have Rian man the grill. We brought a rack of ribs, too, so we won't need much else." she instructed.

"I made you some potato salad. If you guys don't want it, I can just bring it to the senior lunch tomorrow."