A Daydream Away

Marina's POV:

The past week was more bipolar than my mother. A few times, things between Alex and I were fine. Completely fine, just like on that first day. Hell, we even sang together. But other days, basically every other day, we'd fight.

Today, everything was crazy. We were in LA, and everybody was getting ready in my bus for the VMAs. Colby was invited with Luke, since one of his songs was up for an award. Kianna was with Tony to present an award for artist to watch. Emily was with Zack. I was the only one going because I was actually nominated.

Yes, A Love Like War was nominated for best rock video, and since Alex and I shared the writing evenly, we would have to accept it. Although I doubted it would win, so I didn't write a speech. We were up against 30 Seconds to Mars, for gods sake!

Everyone looked stunning. We hired a makeup artist and everything. Kianna was in a floor length, black satin gown with beading down the center and on the straps. She had black stud earrings that matched her big black statement necklace. Her shoes were sexy platforms. The only thing that wasn't black was her grey Gucci clutch. She was sure to make fashion headlines by tomorrow morning. Her hair was down in large, Hollywood waves. Her makeup was only eyeliner and mascara, with bronzer and no blush. She looked fierce. Especially beside Tony, who was dressed in a completely black tux with his cuffs undone.

Emily was in a long yellow gown with an empire waist that was beaded. Her hair was in a low bun on the back of her neck, topped with a pretty yellow flower. She was dressed in grey bowtie flats because she couldn't wear heels. Her neck was clad in a gold flower necklace, which matched her yellow clutch. Nothing was in there; it was all for show. Her makeup was simple and girly, with no bronzer, but blush. Zack was in a pale yellow button up, and normal suit pants. His sleeves were rolled up.

Colby was the bombshell of the group today. She made a statement in a strapless, sparkly black dress, that was just abover her knees. Her bracelet and earrings were statement pieces. She carried a heart shaped Guess clutch, and shockingly, wore vans. That was going to get her some attention. She had a sleek faux hawk for her hair, and smokey eyeshadow. Her fake lashes were big, and it hightlighted her green eyes. Out of all of us, she looked like the only one who was in a punk band. Luke was dressed exactly like Tony, except with his shirt unbuttoned more.

Cassadee was with Rian. They had paired well with a gold theme going on. Cass wore the same dress that she had on her voice performane of "Stupid Boy". In fact, her whole outfit was the same. Rian was actually in a tux, which was nicer than he normally is at award shows. Jack was in a suit, but not a button up shirt. No, instead, he had a black and white custom Boner shirt. My lord, Jack.

I had on a beatiful dress that I'd seen from Vera Wang's newest line, and she dressed my whole outfit for free! Crazy! Being famous is a blast. It was a floor length, babu blue dress with a sweatheart neckine. It had panels on the sides, but everywhere else was blinged out slightly. I wore dangly earrings that had blue specks in the center of each round charm. I also wore baby blue four inch lace heels with pretty bowties on the toes. My clutch was white lace with silver embriodery. My necklace was the Tiffany's one Alex gave me for Valentines day. Hey, it went well with the outfit. Besides, he'd never notice. My hair was in a curly updo, looking incredibly classy. I had a fake tan and had stopped puking so much. The doctor prescribed me a vomitting supressant, and I'd only thrown up twice since then. My eyes were lively with color and a shimmery white shadow. I looked so much better.

Alex looked lonely. Me, him, and Jack were the only people without dates. Moments like these made me unhappy to be single again. Alex was in a nice fitting tux, a white shirt, and a beanie. His shoes were converse. Just, no. Fashion faux pah.