I Can't Do the One-Two Step

Marina's POV:

Everyone had settled in to their beds, and I had just finished rotating to make sure things were okay. Emily and Zack were happily sleeping in the guest room, Kianna and Colby had the two children's beds upstairs, Rian was on the couch, and I hoped to god Jack wasn't freezing on the bed on the pourch. I quietly tiptoed to the basement, which would've been cold, but exempted warmth. The two deer lamps were lit, and the couch was pulled out into a bed. I snuck my head around the railing, peeking at Alex, who was putting his pajamas on. He had just unbuttoned his pants when he turned around and saw me.

"Hey sunshine. How are you doing?" he asked politey.

I waltzed over and sat on the edge of the bed. "I'm exhausted. I had an amazing day today."

"I never thought kayaking would be so fun. Or that I'd actually enjoy a nap." he grinned at me, slipping on some sweats and throwing his shirt on the floor.

I stood up, putting on some sweats myself. "Yeah, or that you could beat Zack at frisbee."

"I think I threw out my back, though. It's been in pain since." he explained.

I picked his shirt off the floor and threw it over myself. I sat up on the back of the couch. "C'mon." I said.

He crawled in and sat in front of me. I slowly began to knead his back and shoulders, just feeling him relax his entire body. "You're the best."

"Don't mention it." I replied.

"This was so cool. It's the most personal, special day I've had in a while."

I felt honored. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. Someday, when we're old and can't tour anymore, when the bands are dead, we can create a recording studio up here, and become super producers."

He just laughed. "Maybe someday."

We lied down, with him on bottom and me on top, just as usual. The bed was a queen size, but we used very little of it. Our soft voices were what mostly filled the air, and the orangey light from the lamps. We brushed over the day, highlighting the most important parts. Our voices became quieter, and soon enough, were too soft to continue. I turned off the lights and tightened back in with him.

__________________________________________________________

The sun had awoken me, pushing its way through the blinds. I listened to the soft sound of Alex beside me, and his steady heartbeat. I sat up, extending my spine and every other sleeping bone in my body. Alex grumbled.

"Morning beautiful." I kissed his nose.

"Morning sunshine." he turned on his side to face me, and block away from the rays of light.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked, running my fingers through his hair.

"Like a rock. Wonderfully. And you?" 

"Awesome." I let out a slight yawn. "I'm gonna go start on breakfast, babe. You coming?"

"I'm just gonna try and get a few more zz's in, if that's okay with you." he put a hand on my thigh.

"Of course. I'll have some breakfast waiting for you." I answered, starting to get up.

"No, stay, just a little longer." He put his strong arms around my stomach and pulled me back down.

I giggled. "You're being counter productive."

"No, you're just resisting." he started tickling me.

"I'd never be able to resist you, Alley Cat." I pinned him down.

He smiled to himself. "Big butt."