Shameless

Marina's POV:

I was sitting in a director's chair, in one of the private rooms of the country club. Emily sat beside me, getting her hair done up. I was waiting for my curls to be done, reading a magazine. Hell, I was nervous for today. What if the dress didn't fit? What if the gus were hung over? What if the DJ sucked? I blew that last one right off. My friend that gave me the weed was the DJ, and I knew he was awesome at it.

"You didn't tell us, Marina, how was your night with the guys?" Kianna asked, softly dabbing makeup onto her face.

"She probably had a gang bang." Colby laughed.

"Eww! Never!" I squealed. "Well, we finished off that pot Jared gave me. And then we made tacos. Oh, and Jack brought cigars as like a dude thing and we choked on those. I didn't miss anything with you guys, did I?"

"No, we just went to bed after you left. I'm glad nobody got super drunk or anything. Can I say the same for the guys?" Emily asked.

"Yeah, they were fine. I mean, you don't exactly get hangovers from weed." I rolled my eyes.

"I can't even believe you used it, Marina." Kianna said. "Is this enough bronzer?"

I took her angled brush and bronzer palette. "You could use a little more." I applied it. "And it was Alex's idea anyway."

"You're kidding." Colby said, before applying a lip stain.

"Not at all. So I took him aside and explained why I had it, and asked if he was cool with having it in his house-"

"Which was the respectful thing to do." Emily nodded.

"Right. Well anyway, he said it was fine, and the best way to get rid of it was to just use it. So I had left that pretty little pipe in my bag from that time we went to the beach back in January, and we just used it. It was so out of the blue that I can't process it." I handed Kianna back her bronzer.

"Thanks."

"Welcome."

"Hey, is this done yet?" Colby pointed to the curlers in her hair.

"Yep. Lemme take that out for you." the hairdresser said, moving from Emily to Colby.

I headed over to Emily with my large makeup collection. I started dabbing a light foundation, so she'd look more dewy and alive than sheer. Once that finished, I put a highlight under her brows and on the bridge of her nose. I then started to work with the eyes for a very natural, pretty look. I then did my magic with bronzer, which was my specialty. I gave her a light pink lipstain, then handed her the bouquet. Tears started welling in my eyes.

"You didn't mess me up, did you?" she asked.

"No, you're just," I cried. "All grown up."

She set down the bouquet and gave me a tight hug. "Oh, Marina, I'm not leaving you guys!"

"Yes you are!" I whined.

"Only for a few days. It's only a honeymoon." she explained.

"Well how am I gonna babysit these brats without you?" I wiped my cheek.

"Excuse me?" Kianna asked, channeling her full inner Brooklyn that she had discarded of the moment she left New York.

"Sorry, Miss Brooklyn." I smirked back.

"Don't make me go all country on your ass!" Colby snapped her fingers. She was from West Virginia.

"You'll be fine." Emily quietly said to me.