Chapter 13

Picture is Brady

____________________

"You can't explore this mansion alone," I opened my eyes and saw his face had a worried expression. "What did you mean by, you marked me?" I asked changing the subject. He sighed and pitched the bridge of his nose.

"Remember when I told you that sirens mate for life?" I nodded and looked him in the eyes. "Well I marked you as my mate," I widened my eyes and blushed. "Remember when you fed off of me?" I nodded. "Remember when you felt something burning on your neck?" I nodded and rubbed the back of my neck. "Go look in the mirror," I walked down the hallway until I found the bathroom where I first found out about being a vampire. I looked at the back of my neck and widened my eyes.

There was a black hand print on my neck. "That's how you can tell if a siren, well in your case, vampire is taken. It's our sign of a unbreakable bond," I continued to examine it and I felt my stomach drop. "But we've only known each other for less than a week," I pointed out. He sighed and took my hands in his. "I've never been able to find a mate before. I almost gave up on finding one. I thought I would be lonely forever, and I was willing to except it," he looked down. "But then I found you, and you were so innocent and cute. Everytime I thought about feeding off you, my heart would pound and I could only think about how I wanted to protect you and keep you safe. I wanted to kiss your lips and claim you as my own," he looked at me and smiled.

I looked down and tried to hide the huge blush that was creeping on my face. He lifted my chin up and smiled. I smiled back and instantly hugged him. He hugged back and kissed the top of my head. "I promise to love you and protect you Deckland Shea Farris," he whispered in my ear. I hugged him tighter and breathed in his cologne. He pulled back and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped mine around his neck and slowly leaned in.

"Sorry to ruin your little moment but we have to go," Tessa said. I sighed and placed my arms back at my side. "OK," Dwayne answered, obviously irritated that she ruined the moment.

A few minutes later, Dwayne and I were outside waving them off. He looked at me and took my hand. I blushed and intertwined our fingers. "I wanna show you something," he said as he began to pull me behind the house towards the beach. I looked at him with a confused expression. He continued walking towards a cove that was on the beach. He walked me in and it was beautiful. There was a little pool thing that led out to the ocean. The top was missing so the moon shone in on us. It made the water glimmer and shine.

"Come here," I walked towards him as the sand packed my foot print in every step. He smiled and held out his hand. The blue light that he showed me before appeared. He looked at me, "This may sting," I raised an eyebrow as he pushed the light into my stomach. I winced and clawed his arm. He finally pushed it in all the way, causing me to fall to my knees. He got down on his and kissed my cheek. He helped me up then smiled. "I temporarily gave you some of my powers. Nothing like hypnotism or anything. Just breathing under water and being able to handle the pressure of the water once we go deep," I pouted and crossed my arms. "You take the fun out of everything," he chuckled and jumped into the water.

I bit my lip and jumped in and felt a rush of cold water hit my body. I shivered and opened my eyes. I didn't even have to hold my breath. It did feel weird though. I felt the side of my neck and felt something bumpy. Dwayne looked at me, "It's gills, don't worry. That's what helps us breathe under water," I nodded and began to swim towards him. He swam quickly like he knew where he was going. I followed him and eventually caught up with him. I saw what looked like a rocky wall or something. He than swam to the top, but I wasn't fast enough to catch up with him. I felt someone come up behind me and wrap their arm around my neck. I screamed but nothing come out except for bubbles that floated to the top. I felt no air being allowed in and felt light headed. I closed my eyes and went limp in the person's arms.