Chapter 24

I found myself looking at the wall for several minutes, not knowing what else I could do right now. Dwayne obviously just needs some time to cool down, and I wasn't about to get yelled at again. I sighed and played with my bottom lip. Making it fold over and pop back up. I did this motion for a while until I was interrupted by someone knocking on the door. I was hesitant, "Come in," I shouted at them. The door creaked open to reveal Brenda with a sad expression. "Oh hey," I gave a weak smile and looked down. "You ok dear?" I nodded and yawned.

She walked over and sat on the edge of the bed and looked at me with worry. "Master Dwayne has gone out for a little while, so I came in to check on you," I traced circles on the sheets and shrugged. "I understand why he is mad at me. In all honesty, I've never been much of a trouble maker, but I guess things change," she placed a hand on my mid thigh. Not in a weird way, but in a comforting way. "Don't be so hard on yourself," she said with a sigh. "If you ask me, I think you need some time to relax and sort things out," I nodded and looked her in her pale green eyes. "Let's go down the list shall we? First you were kidnapped, second you were forced into losing your purity, third you were meant to be food, fourth you became a vampire, fifth you got rushed into something too serious too fast, and sixth you two never do anything different," I nodded.

"It's not that I don't want to. It's that Dwayne never wants to," she nodded. I heard a small bark and a white fluffy ball come pouncing onto my lap. I smiled and petted Sky gently as he curled in my lap. "Have you ever asked?" I thought about it for a moment and shook my head. "Is it because you're afraid?" I looked at her with confusion. "Afraid of what?" she finally took her hand off me and looked down. "Afraid of being rejected or hurt," I looked down and nodded. "I always think Dwayne might have some kind of advantage or something. You know what I mean? Like he is using me for a purpose I don't know of," I felt my chest tighten.

"I'll tell you one thing I know for a fact," she said looking me dead in the eyes. "Master Dwayne loves you, whether it be IN love or he just cares about you, I'm not sure. But he does worry about you," I felt as if my heart was going to explode. I was so conflicted with my feelings. She is right, I was pushed into something serious too fast. I mean, he's done some horrible things to me, that I'm not even sure I completely forgiven him for. She gave another sigh, "I'm not saying that you two shouldn't be together. I'm just saying, maybe you need to rethink about what your doing before it's done," she got up and walked out of the door; closing it behind her.

I laid down and placed Sky on my chest. He was deep asleep already, "Maybe I do need to rethink this whole thing," I whispered to myself. I sighed and bit my lip. "I just don't know!" I screamed into my pillow.

"Deckland?" I heard Dwayne walk into the bathroom. I was sitting in the hot water, hoping to clear my mind up. "Hey Dwayne," I gave a small smile. "Listen, I need to tell you something," he said sighing. He sat down next to me with his legs crossed. I turned around so I was facing diagonal from him. "Me too," I said trying not to choke on my words. "You first," I offered. He looked at me with exhausted eyes. "Brenda and I talked this morning," Now I see why she was talking to me this afternoon. "And she thinks, the reason we're so stressed and tired is because we don't get to see each other often, and when we do, we do the exact same thing," I nodded. "So I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere," I raised an eyebrow. "Like to a different country, city, anything," I cracked a smile. "I appreciate that you would do that, but I need to talk to you," he had a look of despair on his face.

"I was thinking, about all that's happened these past months, and I think we need a break," his face fell. "I don't wanna break up or anything, it's just," I looked down. "If we were on a couples game show, and they asked us stuff about each other, we would lose the first round," he gave a stuff chuckle. "So you want to go somewhere else then?" I shook my head. "I like your idea, but I need some time to clear my head," he looked at me confused. "Wait, first you said the reason was because we didn't know a lot about each other, and now it's that you feel conflicted?" I sighed and nodded.

"Ok, how about this then," I looked at him with interest. "I'll send you off to my cousin's cottage in Ireland, and that way you will be living by yourself for a couple weeks. And if you like living on your own, you can leave, but if you don't like it, you and I can go where ever you want and be completely alone. That way while you're gone, you can clear your head and hopefully come to a decision. I smiled at the idea. "Ok, but what about school?" he shrugged. "You can transfer up there," I nodded. "Ok, I'll do it," he gave a obviously fake smile. "Ok, go pack then,"

***

Nooo. Well I was thinking of a sequel buut I don't know.

                 -MidnightDesires