eight

The clanking of the floor and shoes were heard throughout the quiet mansion. Chanyeol flicks the switch up, illuminating the living room as well as the kitchen.

He spots no one, honestly getting a bit creeped out.

Chanyeol starts walking up the stairs, hearing faint sounds of the television, guessing that his spouse is busy watching television.

Chanyeol twists the knob, revealing a sleeping Baekhyun with the television on.

The taller male sighs, he puts his suitcase on his desk, taking his suit and tie off as well.

Chanyeol takes a nice and quick shower, the latter smiling a bit as he went out of the steamy bathroom.

Now dressed in his rilakumma pajamas, he decided to lay on the bed beside the smaller male. He turns the television off, silence eating him up. 

He hears soft sniffles, raising a brow at this.

He looks over to his left, seeing something glisten.

He looks in a bit more, seeing fresh tears on Baekhyun's cheeks.

Panic starts rushing through his veins, not knowing what to do. He hesitantly lifts his hand to wipe his tears away. He shakes his head, images of Hanna flashing into his head.

He slowly leans back on the bed again, trying his best to ignore the smaller's sniffles.

He was too caught with thinking about his girlfriend when suddenly arms wrapped around his waist. Chanyeol looks down to see the brunette hugging him tightly for dear life.

Chanyeol stays still, not knowing what to do again. 

He instead looks at the smaller's features, smiling a bit.

He once again shakes his head, "Chanyeol, Chanyeol, stop thinking about Baekhyun. You already have a girlfriend. That's ba-"

"I love you."

Chanyeol hears the faint words come out from the smaller's mouth.

He is honestly so confused with the situation right now, feeling Baekhyun pull him closer causing Chanyeol to quietly yelp.

He grabs a pillow and puts it over his face, "Just sleep it off." He whispers to himself before closing his eyes, trying to catch on some slumber.

*

"Hyung!" Baekhyun turns around, immediately running towards his brother.

"Taehyung! Is eomma okay!?" The brunette asks with hopeful eyes.

The younger boy nods, "She's okay, but I don't know if she'll last long." Taehyung says with a hopeless voice. Baekhyun looks at the door beside him, he twists the knob.

Baekhyun always hated the hospital, he hated the smell of medicines and the fact that people die in here.

He enters the room quietly, his heart breaking when he sees his mother on the hospital bed, wires attached to her wrists.

He tries his best to stop the tears from flowing, approaching his mother.

"Eo-eomma.." The brunette whispers causing Mrs. Byun to slowly open her eyes. A soft smile forming on her face.

"Ba-baekkie~" Her mother weakly sings. "I'm sorry for not telling you sooner." His mother apologizes.

"Eomma.. Don't apologize please, stop making yourself feel guilty." Baekhyun says, holding his mother's cold hand.

Mrs. Byun lets out a chuckle, "Did I do good as a mother? Did I love my Baekkie and Taehyungie properly?" She asks, looking at her beloved son.

Baekhyun feels a tear flow, "Yes eomma. You did a great job, you did an amazing job eo-eomma." He chokes on his last words, too weak to see his mother in this state.

"Go-good." Mrs. Byun softly says, closing her eyes in the most gentle way possible.

Baekhyun tightens his grip on her hand, "Eomma?" The latter calls out, silence responding.

Baekhyun gets nervous when he hears no response, he looks at the heart monitor, his heart breaking.

The loud beep can be heard throughout the room. "Eomma!" Tears start gushing from his eyes, holding his cold mother in his arms tightly.

The beeping gets louder and louder, hugging his mother tightly.

"Eomma!" Baekhyun shouts, his eyes shooting open, hearing the beep of the alarm clock ring. He hugs the 'pillow' tightly and cries into it. "Eo-eomma." The brunette softly whispers.

He feels a hand gently caress his hair, making him cry even harder.

"It's alright, whatever your problem is, everything is going to be alright." The deep voice of a certain male rings throughout the room.

The brunette suddenly feels safe hearing the taller's words. He feels himself being lifted.

"Don't cry on my waist, cry here." He suddenly feels strong arms wrap around his fragile figure, inhaling Chanyeol's scent.

Chanyeol doesn't know what has gotten into him, he just has the urge to keep the brunette safe.

Baekhyun softly cries into the taller's chest, wanting to stay in the taller's arms for a little longer.

*

Ey! xiumxium has returned with a double weekend update~ I hope you guys enjoyed this one :)

I want to call you guys something, should I call you xiummers or precious human beans? You guys decide~

Vote, comment, and enjoy!

I love you all~

-YCA