Chapter 1

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Ah shit. I was having such a peaceful date with my bed for the night, until this spawn of the devil of an alarm clock reminded me what time it was. I sigh. I blindly grab the alarm clock and throw it to the wall. I think that's my 10th one this month.

Today's a Monday, the worst day of all. I quickly toss my black comforter to the side of my bed as I sit up yawning and stretching. Just as I was getting out all the kinks in my body, my phone rang it's annoying little jingle.

"Hello?" I answer blindly while stumbling to the bathroom. The bright white light blinds me and instantly cover my face. After a few seconds, I open them up so they could adjust to the light.

"Hey it's Michael. Dad says he wants to discuss something with you really quickly after school."

Michael was my gang leader's son, and we were really close friends. He was protective of me, as were all of the guys in the gang. But there was no need, I'm the best street fighter of this place.

I splash water onto my face and look at my hair which was flowing freely down my shoulders. It looked okay, but I might get some honey blonde high lights this week.

"Can you disclose any details?" I ask as I turn on the shower. I shuffle back into my room going to my wardrobe. I look through it, searching for the perfect outfit for the first day of my senior year in high school. I was a bit of a nerd, making straight As every semester. It was the only way I could be at peace with myself by making someone proud.

"Sorry Audrey, but no because even I don't know what he wants to talk to you about. See you later, love." He responds.

"Later, dork." I end the call and toss my phone onto the bed carelessly. After searching for what seemed like ages, I finally found THE ONE! I bite back a squeal as I pull out the black crop top, black high waisted jeans, along with my black Fedora. What can I say? I'm unique and iconic.

I hop in the shower, belting out the lyrics to Let It Go from Frozen. I'm a pretty good singer, if I do say so myself. I take about 10 minutes to shower, then I quickly hop out to check the time. Only 7:30am. I've got about 30 minutes until school. I'll make it.

Putting on lotion and my undergarments, I quickly throw on my outfit for the day. I slip on my black and white converse, and brush my hair. I don't bother with makeup, I could stab myself in my eye. I throw on my fedora, grab my keys to my motorcycle, and head out of the door carrying my backpack.

I slip my helmet on, and make my way to school. I arrive in the parking lot, getting stares from the entire student body. I smirk. Yep, definitely going to have some fun this year. Everyone parts out of my way like the Red Sea as I walk through the hallways to my first class, Mathematics with Mrs.Reynolds.

I scowl as I look at my timetable. I absolutely hate math! I have no idea how I have an A in her class. Probably because I copy off of the kid who reads comic books all day. Making my way up the stairs, I pass by a rival kid in another gang. Their gang isn't even on the charts, only word got around that they killed a few people and robbed some dude of his drugs.