Chapter 4

The police sirens boom throughout this side of our town, growing closer and closer to us. Ryder and I share a smirk, we're untouchable. I guess they heard we were part of gangs and instantly backed off. Blood N Boots and Reign are top dogs for a reason. So please, don't be fooled.

"W-what if we g-g-get c-c-caught?" Wren sputters out nervously. He's visibly shaking. I shake my head, making a tsk sound. Poor kid has a lot to learn.

"Who cares if we do?" I shrug and continue spray painting the building's outside exterior. In black spray paint, it says Althea Was Here ^.^

"I do!" Wren shoots back at me. I step back from my artwork to admire it. I resist the urge to scream at Wren to suck it up and we won't get caught. They can't do shit.

"What if we get caught? I can see it all now. The officer will ask me what were we doing here? And then I'll be all like, dude I dunno. And then Audrey will be all like, please don't take me to jail." Wren says, trying to imitate my voice in a high pitch. He then starts speaking really fast.

"My mom will kill me. Then she'll resurrect me, then kill me again. Then my dad will beat my ass. Our bosses will beat my ass. Blake's gonna beat my ass too. Holy shit, I'll be-" I slap my hand onto his mouth before another syllable comes out of his mouth.

"Wren. Listen to me. We'll get caught. But they cannot do anything to us. Plus, this spray paint is washable. So, if they spray the hose on the building, everything's fine. Okay?" I tell him, and he nods. I remove my hand.

"Poor kid has a lot to learn." Ryder tsks, shaking his head. I chuckle, as that was exactly what I said earlier.

"Freeze! Put your hands up!" A loud voice barks out at us. I turn to them, so they can see my bored face.

"Officer Dooley. How nice to see you again." I smirk, amused. I fold my arms underneath my cleavage unintentionally.

Officer Dooley was one of my real dad's friends. When I heard about him, he actually arrested me for stealing. But the charges were dropped once word got out I joined Reign. He tried to set me up with his son, Jeremy but he was a total snore. He's too much of a good boy and too shy to handle my mouth.

Officer Dooley was a short and stubby man, his belly growing over the past years. He had a brown mustache, which twitched like it had magical powers. His salt and pepper hair was still a bit brown, but bald down the middle. Wonder why his wife married him. He's hideous.

He sighs. "Audrey Althea." He looks to my right, seeing Ryder stand there unfazed.

"Ryder Johnson?" He exclaims, his eyes widen in fear. Ryder smirks.

"Top of the morning to ya." He tips his imaginary hat.

"You two know each other?" He steps closer to his car, motioning for his co workers to do the same.

"Yes. Yes we do. We're actually quite good friends, aren't we?" I answer, and turn to Ryder with a smirk.

"Yep. So now what?" Ryder jumps like he's about to pounce onto them and they flinch back. Ryder steps back next to me and chuckles.

"Who's the kid?" Dooley nods towards Wren, who was hiding behind us like a timid kid. I look at Wren, who looks like he's about to cry. I pat his soft hair affectionately, and turn back to the officers.

"He's with us. Don't worry about who he is." I spat. We have a stare down, until I tilt my head to left with a blank and cold expression.

"This is the part where you get into your cars and drive away." I tell them. They hop into the cars in sync, and drive off quickly.