Chapter 14

"Milo, I can't," I whisper, shaking my head. Milo turns to me, and glares at me. I look back at Ryder, and he looks so good. His black hair looked feathery and soft. I just wanted to run my hands through it. My heart pounded like a drum, and I was afraid he'd hear it. The longing to just be in his arms again, to feel his lips move against mine.

"You are my possession, and you will do as I say!" He yells in my face. I push him back angrily, and he stumbles backwards from the force of my push. Quincy Johnson, you son of a bitch.

"A human being cannot be a possession! I am not a thing, I am a person. I have feelings, I have an opinion, and I'll do whatever the hell I want to! I couldn't care less about your damned gambling problem." I yell, my rage now getting the best of me. Milo shrinks back from my fury.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Ryder jogs over to us. He's actually here, and alive. I stare at him, trying to check if this is real. If he's real. Is this a dream? Jesus, I hope not. Ryder frowns at me.

"I'm not fighting a girl, Milo. I'm not a woman beater," Ryder informed Milo. Milo chuckled, a deep humorless one. He snapped, and 3 very buff men stepped out of the shadows. They seized us, one of them for me, and two of them for Ryder.

I struggled against their vice like grips. "You know how I feel about him, Milo. Why would I fight the guy I l-like?" I stutter out, and Ryder's head snaps to me. I looked away, blushing. The men grip my arms tighter, telling me to stop struggling.

"The less you struggle, the grip becomes easier to escape," Milo said in a sing song voice. Gunshots ring out, and the two guards fall down. Ryder's guard falls down instantly. I grab Ryder's arm and tug him with me as I head towards my discarded bag on the ground. Milo ran off around back, going through some type of secret passageway. I pull Ryder against the house as I grab my pistol. Ryder's face turns emotionless, and he grabs his own gun from the waistband of his shorts.

I duck down, bullets whiz past our heads. I spot Erwin blonde hair by a nearby car. Should I tell Ryder to go to Erwin? Or do I just go after Milo? Decisions, decisions. In my peripheral vision, I spot another guard aiming for Ryder, who's currently firing at a nearby guard. I jump in front of Ryder just as his muzzle flashes, and it hits me in my boob. Ouch! I fall onto the ground in front of Ryder, looking at the blue sky.

My eyelids feel so heavy, and Ryder clutches onto my body. "No, stay awake." He says, shaking my body. I touch his jaw gently, and look at his eyes through my slits.

"You don't remember me anyways, what's it to you?" I whisper, and I black out.

•√•√•√
I hesitantly open my eyes, being greeted with the sight of all of the guys. My head is pounding, like someone took a hammer and played whack a mole with it. I groan, and sit up. "Please give me a knife." All their heads snap towards me, relief flooding their faces.

I look down in my clothes to see I'm dressed only in my sports bra with basketball shorts. "What the hell?" I ask. Blake sits down on the hotel bed beside me.

"You got shot-" he snickered for a second, before continuing. "In the boob." I rub my forehead tiredly, sighing. Wyatt, I assume, jumps onto the bed attacking me in a hug. I chuckle, but hug him just as tight.

"You scared the hell out of me." Wyatt frowned as we pulled away. I pat his cheek sadly.

"Don't worry about me, I'm always fine you idiot." I chuckle, and the guys leave, claiming something important is about to happen. When I question them about what it is, they say just wait and see. I grabbed a packet of cookies from the night stand beside me, and munch on them while I watch television. So far, Full House was on. I stared at Uncle Jesse, who was portrayed by John Stamos. He's so yummy.