Chapter 30

Song: no song bitch.

•~•
1 month later from that day, we were all getting dressed for Quincy's funeral. Milo was continuously leaving notes addressed to my house, it was driving me nuts. Ryder was getting more suspicious, but I couldn't tell him. Not yet. Atlanta went out on her date with Luke, and she said she had a fantastic time. I wanted to say something smart to her, but I bit my tongue. "Babe!" Ryder groaned from our room. I was in the bathroom, fixing my black dress.

I poked my head out. "Yeah?"

"I need help with my tie," Ryder pouted. I laughed, and walked over to help Ryder with his tie. He had tied all wrong. He looked good, no fuck that, he looked like a fucking god when he wore a tuxedo. I fixed his tie for him just right, and I saw the sadness in his eyes. He dreaded this day, the day Quincy would have to go in the ground forever.

"Don't be sad, this is a celebration of his life," I said. Ryder tried to smile, but it just looked like he was constipated I guess. Ryder sighed, and pulled me closer to him.

"I don't wanna bury my brother in the ground. He wasn't the best, shit, he was far from the best. I mean, I cried....." Ryder said, about to continue. "I cut-"

"Your point is?" I interrupted him.

"My point is that although I've had insecurities because of him, I'm glad that I did because I wouldn't have met you," Ryder said. He kissed my nose. I slapped his chest playfully.

"You win the award for cheesiest way of declaring your love for me," I said laughing. Wyatt walked in the room, with an envelope in his hand. It was addressed to me, specifically me only. I knew what it was, it was another note from Milo. It all made sense once I learned Milo was their father. Of course Milo would kidnap his own son, and drug him. If we hadn't come in time, maybe Milo would've implanted fake memories of Ryder & him when Ryder was younger. Good thing I didn't give him enough time to do that.

"Got a letter for Ms. Althea," Wyatt said while handing me the letter.

"Thanks," I said before going into the bathroom. I closed the door gently, and locked it before I tore the envelope open. Earlier in the month, notes that Milo had addressed to me were delivered here. Sometimes they'd come at surprise, because I'd never expect more than two letters in the same month. Inside it read:

I'll be appearing at my son's funeral. It's the least I could do since I've passed my alcoholic gene to him.

I crumpled the note up, and shoved it inside my black purse. I smoothed out my knee length dress, it had black lace long sleeves, with a few diamonds here and there along the dress itself. I added some lip gloss to my lips since red lipstick was never my color. I looked at myself in the full body mirror. I wore some heels that added about 2 inches to my height. I mean, we were going to be near dirt, not trying to fall on my face today.

I opened the door, and walked out of the bathroom to downstairs where I knew everyone was probably waiting for me. I tried to ignore the fact that Milo was going to see his son become buried today, I couldn't let something trouble me right now because I knew Ryder would make me tell it all. I just couldn't right now. The boys, I think, were waiting outside, except for Tristan. He was sitting on top of the counter, as I walked over to bring something light to eat and something to drink.

"You have to tell him today," Tristan said. I snapped my head to him, and gave him a crazy look.

"Are you nuts? I can't tell him today!" I exclaim, slamming the refrigerator door. Tristan hopped off the counter, and gave me a look.

"If not now, then when? Because I know Milo knows Quincy's going to be buried today. He'll be there, I can feel it," Tristan said. Well damn Tristan.

"I don't know when, Tristan! Not today!"

"Yes today, Audrey. Milo will try something, and I know Ryder will put two and two together. Do it today, come clean about everything," Tristan said before walking out. Maybe he had a point. I have a chance to end this, and stop this game for once and for all. I'm tired of walking up in the middle of the night, scared that Milo will suddenly be lurking in the shadows. I grabbed my keys and headed out the door so I could join the boys.

Today's the day I come clean about everything.

•√•√•√

I watched with blurry eyes as they lowered Quincy into the ground. His picture from when Ryder and him were children was in a frame. They had their arms around each other, looking just alike. The entire graveyard was silent, I don't think anyone had anymore tears left. Well, except for me. I looked over my shoulder, and I saw a tall figure leaning onto a tree watching us, watching me closely. The figure grinned at me. Yep, it was Milo.

Everyone walked back to their cars, Ryder was going go do the same but I tugged his arm. "Ryder, I have to tell you something."

"Not a good time."

"This time is as good as any." I swallowed before continuing. "I know who your father was, well, is. I know he killed Quincy."

"Don't kid around like that."

"I'm not. That was the secret Quincy told me before he died. I'm telling you the truth, you have to believe me," I cried, tears rolling. Ryder pulled me to him for a hug.

"We have to go," I said looking up at the tall figure that suddenly didn't seem so far away. I heard sounds of struggles, with grunts, and punches being thrown. I knew Milo was attacking my fr- no fuck that, family, so now it was all up to Ryder. I blinked, and it's like Milo was right there in front of us.

"What the hell do you want?" Ryder growled.

"Son, it's time we had a long talk."

"Son my ass, you're not my dad."

"You came from my ball sack, I guess I am."

"You ran away from us, abandoning us, forcing Quincy to become an adult. I blame you for his alcoholic and gambling problem, I blame you for making him grow up too quickly at a young age, I blame you for fucking everything," Ryder yelled in his face. Milo was hurt, it shown clearly in his face. He deserved it. Milo reached into his coat pocket, but I grabbed his arm as a warning not to try anything. A single tear rolled down his cheek, and he wiped it away.

Ryder was only getting started, though, before Milo tried to intervene and apologize. "I'm sorry-"

"I don't want your sorry ass excuse, because you're a sorry ass excuse of a father. You killed your own son, congratulations. You beat me, because you thought Quincy was some fucking angel. Because of you, I spent years hidden away with depression inside of me. Because of you, I tried to take my life fourteen times when I was only 14! Life was barely getting started for me. The worst thing about all of this, is that now you decide to show up, thinking some bullshit ass apology will magically make everything better. Quincy's still dead, my mom's still dead, and guess what? Bitch I'm still depressed!" Ryder screamed. Everyone had stopped what they were doing, to listen to everything that Ryder was saying. Ryder's face was wet with tears, as he yelled at his father. Milo was crying, too. He hung onto every word Ryder was saying.

"So quit saying you're sorry, because no matter how sorry you are, it won't change shit!" Ryder stormed off after that, and I wanted to chase after him, but I think it'd be best to just let him cool off for awhile. I finally processed the words Ryder had said, he was depressed. I frowned, all this time I had thought I'd really made a difference. Milo's body shook with every sob.

"Proud of yourself now?" I sneered at him before going after Ryder. Depressed or not, I still loved him.