Chapter 11

Word travelled throughout school that Ryder left town. I was finally back in my house, well a recreation of my house. It was much bigger, and it now had 3 floors, instead of two. It had like 9 bedrooms, with 9 bathrooms. It was totally decked, all the walls colored a bright yellowish gold color, along with white beamers along the ceiling and the floor.

Weeks went by, and it's close to our spring break. After all these damn exams, of course. Not a single text, call, email, or letter has came from a certain person named Ryder Elliot Johnson. And I've taken these few weeks as a time to figure out where my head is. I love Ryder, yes I have very much come to the fact that I still love him. And I still do.

During the first few days he left, I was zoned out all day. I was present, but my mind and soul was somewhere else. Life passed me by, not like anything awesome was happening. I started crying myself to sleep again. Me and my boss still aren't seeing eye to eye these days either, and nobody is really talking to me. Except for Blake, and Erwin. Michael went down to England to spend the rest of his semester there. We talk sometimes on the phone, and we text. But it just doesn't feel right.

Tristan, Wyatt, and Ash spend so much time with me I've given them their own rooms here. I might as well put some good use to these rooms, am I right? Now, today marks the day where Ryder left town, or more specifically, me. It marks the 5 month anniversary. Honestly, I'm doing fine. I mean, sure it still sucks that Ryder's not here.

And sometimes, I get in a really depressed mood where I just shut everybody out like the first few days. It isn't frequent, it's rare nowadays. I'm still in pain, but I'm still clinging onto the little hope that Ryder is going to come back to me. And we'll date, and he'll marry me. And one day, we'll have kids. Yep, I'm sticking to that possibility. Although, the more I think about it, what's something that could be so bad to put Audrey in danger?

I pull the covers away from my body, and sigh. I've got it bad for him. I find my trusty pink slippers and slide those on, then go downstairs to check the mail. I never did find out directly from anyone who blew up my house, but I had a gut feeling that Wren did it or had some play in it. And I always trust my gut, you should too.

Opening the door, the spring sunlight hits my body. I relish in the heat for a moment, before checking my mailbox which was installed onto the outside of my house. Pretty cool, huh? It's just because I'm a lazy ass. I mean, I sleep only in my undies and a tank top. That's a bad idea, especially when you've got 3 hormonal teenage boys around a lot. Quickly, I grab the handful of envelopes and magazines  sticking out from my mailbox and shut the door.

Looking through the mail, only noticing 2 bills, my monthly subscriptions to People magazine & J-14, and a letter. A letter written only by Ryder, Ryder Johnson. I didn't know whether to feel ecstatic, shocked, angry, or cry. I froze, and Tristan came trudging down the stairs grumbling about hating mornings. He saw me standing there, frozen like I was doing the mannequin challenge.

"Hey," Tristan greeted me. He walked over to where I was, and saw what I was looking at. I felt his body tense beside mines, and I gasped. A smile bloomed onto my face, and my eyes filled with tears. I dropped the other envelopes, along with my magazines onto the floor and I ran to the kitchen in search of the letter opener.

I opened random drawers, searching around this large kitchen. "Dammit. Tristan! Where's the letter opener?" I ask him, and he chuckles. Here I am, trying to read a letter that could possibly tell all of us where the hell Ryder is and why he left, and here's this son of a bitch laughing. Tristan goes to a drawer by the sink, and tosses me the letter opener. I cut the envelope like a starved beast. I make sure to save he envelope, because I so plan on sending one back. And my eyes scan the torn, bloody, and worn out paper eagerly.