Chapter 26

"Take a break? What the hell do you mean by that?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer. It meant he wanted to break up. I didn't want that.

"We should take a break on us."

"Nope. You're stuck with me."

"I'm serious," Ryder said with a straight face.

"I know, I am too."

"Eh, worth a shot. We're all good, Tristan!" Ryder said with a shrug, then gave Tristan a thumbs up. Tristan gave a thumbs up back. I sat there, shocked and confused as to what was going on. How in the hell? Ryder smiled largely at me.

"Bitch what?" I said, confused more than ever. I stared at him impatiently, waiting for the answer.

"It was all planned. The 'I'm in love with you' part, plus the kiss. I just wanted to test your loyalty, I should've known you were the one for me," Ryder said. I was mad now, because he had me sitting here about to shit myself over something he had planned. I understand that I've done some shady things in my life, but none enough to question my loyalty.

"You know what? Fuck you, Ryder. You had me scared half to death, over something that you had planned. Do you not trust me enough to know that I wouldn't do a damn thing to hurt you? I don't just throw around the L word, it takes time for me to convince myself that this is real. I wouldn't break our bond, our trust that we have. Not now, nor in a million years. It hurts to think that you don't trust me," I said to him. Tears streamed, once again, and I wiped them away harshly. I'm done crying over people, I'm done. I've cried over him too many times, and it does hurt to know that he doesn't trust me. It makes me feel sick to my stomach, like that feeling you get when you're in a horror film and you know you're about to die. It's inevitable, you can't escape the fact that one way or another, you'll die.

Ryder rubbed his face. I held my stomach tightly, and closed my eyes. "I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I need for you to understand that in my life, I have had my trust broken. People have treated me terribly, and sometimes I lose it. I lose it to the point where I don't know who I am anymore. I'm crazy, I'm depressed. You knew that the moment you followed me to that cliff."

"And I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way, but I'm scared. I'm scared that someone's gonna take you away from me, and don't act like it can't happen. I do trust you, and I do love you. I just love you too much to ever let you go," Ryder said softly to me. His words eased my stomach slowly, the feeling like I was going to die drifted back into it's deep abyss, and I felt human again. I opened my eyes, and I felt fine again. I looked at him, all teary eyed, and he pulled me for a hug. He put my head onto his chest, and let me hear his racing heart. I wrapped my arms around him, and I held onto him as if in one moment he'd be ripped away from me.

"Don't do that, I don't like the feeling I get when you act or do things that say you don't trust me," I said into his chest, crying. He kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry."

•√•√•√

"We're finally home," Ryder said to me as we walked inside my house. It felt good to be in the comfort of my own home, I felt safe, and I felt like I was in a state of peace. I looked around, everything was still the same. The same marble countertops, the same silver fridge, the same brown table. The house was quiet, and a stack of letters + bills laid on my coffee table. Blake, Erwin, Tristan, Wyatt, & Ash came inside. The boys went to their rooms, while Ryder and I stood there. I kicked off my shoes, not really caring where I put them.

"I've missed my house. Come on, we gotta shower," I said grabbing Ryder's hand. He laughed and followed me upstairs. I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"Oo, kinky."

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes and unlocked my room door. It was still the same as before, almost everything decorated with black. I had some clothes for Ryder, I kept them here for when Ryder might mysteriously pop up again. I closed the door, and locked it. Ryder kissed me on my lips, gently pushing my back onto the door. I grabbed his face, going deeper into the kiss. Our chests were together, our hearts racing a million miles an hour. I pulled away, remembering we needed to shower. Ryder pouted.

"We have to shower," I whined. "I feel dirty."

"One more kiss?" Ryder said, hopefully. I pecked his lips once, and released him from my grip. We stared at each other's eyes. His face lit up with a grin.

"I love you," Ryder said.

"I love you too." I kissed him one last time, seriously, and walked away into the bathroom so I could turn on the hot water. I looked in the mirror, and smiled. I looked like a mess, my skin was dirty with ashes, my hair was wild, my eyes looked dark, and my face was a little thinner. Usually, I'd be freaking out about this. But now, I'm starting to realize that if Ryder loves me like this, I can love myself like this. Just to be sure, I called him into the bathroom. He stood at the doorway.

"Do you think I look good?" I asked him, biting my lip. He smiled.

"You always do." I laughed at his cheesy response, and threw my leather jacket at him.

"Bitch, you're cheesy."

"Only for you, babe. Only for you," Ryder winked. I took off my shirt, and threw it at him too.

"Let's keep it that way," I said to him. Ryder wolf whistled at me.

"Nice boobs," he commented.

"Perv!" I yelled at him, then laughed. I walked over to him, and wrapped my arms around his body. He sniffed my hair, and gagged.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but damn, wash your hair." I slapped his stomach, and smiled.

"You love me," I said. What a beautiful ending to a beautiful night.