Chapter 25

"Hey!" I chirp happily, even though I felt the awkwardness over our heads, hanging like a dark cloud. Tristan looked up at me, and smiled. It wasn't his usual funny, maturing smile. It was more of a mixed emotions smile, which I get.

"Hey?" He said, it came out more as a question. "Why are you back here?" I gulped. This would be the hard part, telling him that he had to let me go. I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. Here goes nothing, I suppose.

"I just wanted to tell you that, you have to let me go."

"That'll be hard," Tristan whispered. I grabbed his arm, making him stop. They kept going, down the street. I felt Tristan's sadness somehow move into me. I felt how hard it was to have your heart broken.

"I know. But you have to! Think about you and Ryder's friendship. I don't want you to jeopardize that for me-" I was cut off by Tristan's lips smashing onto mine. His lips were hungry, just to taste mine. It didn't feel right, so I pushed him back. Tristan smiled at me. His wall was up, and I couldn't see what he was feeling anymore.

"It's good I had a chance to do that. Might be the last time, you never know." He walked ahead, and left me stunned. I barely heard what he said over my loud heart. My heart was about to pop out of my ribcage, I was terrified. Literally. I was so scared, I was shaking. I'm in a relationship, I'm in love with Ryder. Tristan kissing me is a violation of that whole thing. What would Ryder think? He'd lose his mind, and go fucking crazy. He wouldn't talk to me for awhile, and attack Tristan. Might be the poor boy to death.

What do I do?

•√•√•√

I was nervous as hell as I sat down next to Ryder on the plane. He smiled at me, and took my hand gently in his. It sort of calmed me down, until I remembered that Tristan kissed me. Should I tell him? Yes, of course I should tell him. I'm just wondering when would be the right time. The best time, honestly, would be as soon as possible. I've had some bad experiences with being cheated on, shit, I've had a bad life in general. Tristan was in the back of first class, sitting next to Atlanta. Blake and Erwin sat next to each other 2 rows in front of us. Wyatt and Ash sat together across from us on the other side. Everyone was occupied with something, so I figured this would be a perfect time to tell Ryder.

"Ryder," I started off uneasily. I had a feeling to just burst into tears. I was scared shirtless of what'd he do. I didn't wanna lose him, not now, not ever. He was so important to me. "I want you to know I love you so much, and I'd never do anything intentional to hurt you."

"I knew that from the day I met you," Ryder winked. "What's on your mind?" My knees started shaking, and my lungs were collapsing. My stomach was churning in fear. I felt my brain send strong alerts to my heart, I knew this was right. I couldn't lie to him, I couldn't even if I tried. One look at him, and I'd crack.

"Tristan kissed me." Ryder froze, like someone put him on pause. I knew I felt his heart break. "It wasn't my fault, Tristan kissed me, and I pushed him away." I touched his arm, and Ryder ripped my hand away. He took shallow breaths, like I told him I had aids. I don't, just so you know.

"How could you?"

"How could I do what? There was nothing I did, Ryder. I pushed him back, and told him to let me go. I'm not in love with him, I'm in love with you."

"Why? Just why did you have to talk to him?"

"He was setting his self up for a heartbreak, and heartbreak can mess up your mental statHe's a friend, and I don't want to see anyone go through a mental breakdown." Ryder sighed, but stayed silent. He looked out the window sadly, I leaned back in my seat. I knew this was right my ass. My phone buzzed with an incoming text from Atlanta. I wondered what she wanted.

Atlanta: Tristan kissed you?

Me: Yes, but I pushed him back immediately. How'd you know?

Atlanta: You two are pretty loud.

I roll my eyes, and shut off my phone. I look over at Ryder, who was now leaning back in his seat, thinking I guess. He had that faraway look in his eye, I knew he was escaping reality. He was inside in brain, making decisions on what he thought was best for him. Tears trailed slowly down my face, basically taunting me. Losing him, was like the world stopping. I'm a fuck up, I know. Every time we're together and happy, someone or something just comes and rains on my parade. I'm the main problem in this relationship. I don't want Ryder to be burdened with me and my problems, so I guess it's nest if we end everything right here.

"Ryder?" I said. He turned to me. My tongue went dry, my throat felt like it was squeezing together. I couldn't form the words. The words that meant there wasn't a Ryder & Audrey anymore.

"It's not your fault, and I'm not mad at you, but I'm just...... worried about Tristan." Ryder shocked me when he said that.

"Ryder? What are you saying?"

"I'm saying...... I think, we need to take a break."