Chapter 21

My cellphone rings in my pocket, so I dig it out and look at the caller. It was Tristan's number, so I answered it.

"Hello?" Some movement is heard, then Tristan's voice comes on the line.

"Hey Audrey. Can I tell you something?" Tristan says, sounding a bit secretive. Ryder glances at me, secretly warning me Tristan's in some deep shit.

"Yeah, sure."

"I'm starting to get suspicious of Daniel & Claire," Tristan whispers. Ryder and I fist bump.

"It'd be better if you came down to the room, y'know. Less chance of people hearing you, duh." Ryder snorts.

"That does make sense," Tristan agrees. We hang up, and a few seconds later, we're discussing the matter of Daniel & Claire. I noticed that Tristan seemed nervous, like he was hiding something. He had fear radiating off of him, which started to cause me some suspicion. What the hell was this guy hiding?

"What are you hiding?" I interrupt him rudely.

"I'm not going to lie to you," Tristan says, straightforward. "I was out yesterday, looking around town. I noticed Daniel by that E.F hotel making out with Claire. Oh Jesus, I think I'm gonna be sick," Tristan gags. Ryder's eyebrows shoot up.

"Care to explain why you were watching them make out?"

Tristan narrowed his eyes at us. "Whose side are you on?" Immediately, I put my hands up in surrender. He crosses his arms at us with a small pout on his face.

"We're on yours! On to more important things, did you find anything important?" I tell him. Tristan sighs.

"Before they started sucking each other's faces off, I overheard Claire smash talking you. She said that you're ugly, and she also plans on seducing Ryder," Tristan says a little uneasily. I snort. Ha. Her trying to take Ryder away from me? Not a chance sweetie.

"She can't take Ryder away from me even if she tried, and I mean come on Tristan! People smash talk me all the time! I need something juicy." I whine to him.

"What did you guys find out?" Tristan says.

"Found a note that says she was trying to get me kidnapped," I say. We're all silent for awhile after that, lost in our own thoughts. Until my ears detect someone approaching the room. We were lucky to get a room that had a fire escape. The footfalls were padding quietly amongst the floors, and they thought we didn't hear them. I pull out my AK again, and attach a silencer. Tristan stood behind us, while Ryder pulled out his own pistol. I aimed my gun at the door, feeling them do hand signals and whatnot.

"Tristan, if things get a bit crazy, run down the fire escape and go find the guys," I say while standing up formally. Ryder leaned against the wall like a professional. Tristan nods, and the doorknob slowly turns. Everything happens in slow motion, well, that's how I saw it. Tristan grabbed me by my neck and kicked my hand. I backed up into the wall, and banged his large body against the wall hard. He groaned and his grip loosened, I slipped my body our of his and kicked his family jewels. I grabbed my AK that was on the floor, and saw Claire trying to attack Ryder. The 2 other guys she brought in here with her left. I ran over to them. She won't take him away from me, not now, not ever.

I punched her in the face, and she fell to the ground. Tristan came behind Ryder and put a gun to his head. Ryder closed his eyes, and I could feel the anger rising from him. I was confused as to why he was acting this was. "Tristan, what the fuck?" I shouted at him.

"I'm sorry, they have my family," Tristan said. Ryder flipped him over, and Tristan landed on his back with a thud. He pulled the trigger, and I swear, I thought Ryder was gone. I felt my heart drop. But he wasn't, Tristan's gun didn't even shoot out a bullet. Thank god. Ryder stared at him like he was stupid, and took the gun out of his hand. In the distance, I heard something that sounded remotely close to a helicopter. I jogged over to the window, and looked out. I nearly gasped, a helicopter was landing on the roof. Initially, I thought it was Erwin or Blake's doing.

But then, I looked close to their flag which was hanging over. It wasn't our colors, and the flag wasn't ours either. Holy shit, it was Blood N Boots. Fuck. "Uh Ryder! We have a problem," I yelled out to him, then closed the window shut and drew the curtains together. I turned around, to see Tristan knocked out cold, and Ryder stretching his limbs. He stopped, and groaned.

"Ugh. Another problem?! What the hell?" He whined.

"Ryder, your old gang is here, and I think they want you back." Ryder throws Tristan onto his back, and motions for me to hurry up. I leave my clothes, because they're obviously just clothes, and we hurry down the hall to the guys' room. I open the door, to see the guys' all packed and ready to go. I guess they aren't unobservant. We nodded to each other, and went downstairs to the lobby.

"Hey you," I snap my fingers at the receptionist guy. He looks up at me. "Do you by any chance have a back door?" He gives us directions, and I smile politely. "Thanks." We run down the hall, just as we hear yelling. Then bullets start flying, so we really pour the speed on it. At some point, Tristan accidentally gets dropped on the ground, so we slap him awake. Like really hard. It worked for the most part, so he did a sleep run beside us. The back door was actually the garbage door, and it was silver. I pulled the knob, and slung the door open.

Claire was right there, with her back turned to us. "I've got them right-" A bullet flies past her, and hits her in the head. We stood still, and everyone looked back. Only to find out it was Ryder. Ryder held the gun shakily in his hands, and avoided our gazes. I walked carefully out of the door, watching as the helicopter was still going. I looked to my left, and of course, there was a bomb. And there was 4 minutes left.

Fuck.