Chapter 33

Bringing back my long chapters. X

We were on the road, myself leading them to our gang house or whatever you'd like to call it. Traffic was pretty light, so we pretty much cruising through the streets. For some reason though, it was really quiet. Barely anyone was outside, majority of the shops and store were closed. The sidewalks were empty. Immediately, I was alert. I forgot what day it is, but I know it's very unusual for today to so quiet.

Blake switched lanes, and cruised next to me. The passenger window rolled down, revealing Wyatt's worried face. A soft breeze blew, causing his curly hair to flop a little on his forehead.

"What's up?" I asked. We were pretty close, so we could hear each other just fine. I wasn't trying to overwork my motorcycle for the most part.

"Something's not right," Wyatt said. "Just for the sake of our safety, let's split up."

"That wouldn't totally make sense because they, or whoever, could just go after both of us," I said with an eye roll.

"More chance of survival," Wyatt said in a sing song voice.

"Fine, just make sure you all are there in one piece," I told him before turning back to the road. A cross was coming up, one going straight, which was the way I was going. The other two going to the left and right, the last one which was the road we were on. Blake's car turned to the left, as I went ahead. It was still quiet, and the streets were still empty. So I cruised along without a care in the world. Everything was fine, for now I suppose.

Or so I thought. I heard a gruff voice that was in a heated argument with another voice. I look to my left, and there was am office corporate building. It was 5 stories tall. It has windows all in the front in neat rows. I noticed the roof was flat with the small hike of the walls surrounding it. I looked close on the roof, and saw a man in army gear with a machine gun that had this really cool looking scope. Shit, snipers. As if he heard my thoughts, bullets lit up the ground next to me, behind me, and in front of me. There was definitely more than one.

I sped up, trying to go as fast as I could. So far, none of their shots hit me. But pretty soon, one of them will get lucky. I blame Wyatt for this. We should've never split up. Damn you, Wyatt. 

An old woman crossing the street came in my way. I swerved out of the way, and my motorcycle flipped over. As the motorcycle flipped, my body collided with the pavement hard. I banged my head, and glass shards sprinkled everywhere. Bullets still rained everywhere, but I couldn't focus on anything. It was dizzy, going in and out of consciousness. My chest hurt, and it was becoming hard to breathe. I tried to sit up, but it was like gravity was pushing me down.

Glass crunched beneath someone's feet, and a pair of black boots appeared. I tried to force my eyelids to stay up, but they were becoming heavy. A deep chuckle rumbled from somewhere, and a rag with chloroform was shoved at my nose. It made it even harder to keep my eyes open.

The last thing I heard before I passed out was a car's engine roaring.

•√•√•√

A bright light hit my eyes, and I came into consciousness. I was laying on someone's soft bed. My eyes fluttered open. Immediately,  I sat upright, and removed the orange, silky sheets from my body. I looked down, and I was dressed in my undergarments with a red silk robe. I stood up, and covered myself with the robe. I started looking around, in hopes of finding my clothes. I had no such luck. I walked over to the window that had white curtains attached.

Maybe the window could be a way to escape.

I opened the curtains with high hopes. My hopes crashed to the ground in flames.