Chapter 32

We heard the car drive away, and the bullets stopped spraying my house. Blake was about to stand up like an idiot, but I motioned for him to stay down. They could've had men hop out of the car while they were shooting and we might be surrounded. For the next 5 minutes, we were all laying on the floor flat. We heard a thump on our door, and the sound of something sliding down. I released Atlanta, and I bent my head down while I closed my eyes. I prayed to God, saying we couldn't lose anyone else and I'm thanking him for not letting us get injured nor killed. Atlanta adjusted herself, and stood up.

"Atlanta what are you doing?" Ryder asked.

"I'm answering the door for my Lukey Poo," she declared before she walked to the door. We let her go on and do just that. She didn't find her "Lukey Poo" in a good condition. Luke's body slumped to the ground, his eyes staring straight up like he thought he was going to heaven. He had a few rounds in his stomach and chest, blood splattered everywhere. I stared down at the blood, I think I was more pissed at having to clean up the blood from my porch rather than Luke being dead. It was bound to happen.

Atlanta broke down crying, I rolled my eyes. "This isn't the first time you've seen a dead body, cut the crap," I said with annoyance. I went to my cellphone, and dialed the police. They were a bit surprised to see that I'd ever call them, so they said they'd be right over. Atlanta was shaking, like literally full blown crying. He was my ex, I've known him longer, and I'm not sitting here having a fucking heart attack. I sat on the couch with my head in my hands, this was fucking too much all in one day. I guess Milo's breakdown ended, I know only him can do something like this. This was just disrespectful, this was Quincy's day. Just one day, one day of normalcy.

Everyone was quiet, in shock I guess. The bullet holes in my house would cost major money. All until Blake spoke up.

"So we're all just gonna pretend like this didn't just happen?" Blake said, throwing his arms in the air.

"I called the police, Blake."

"So fucking what? The cops won't be here for awhile, a fucking dead body is on the porch, your house just got shot up-"

"We get it Blake," I interrupted him. "Today's a sad day."

"A sad day?" Blake repeated. "A sad day is a fucking understatement. It was terrible, none of you are gonna do anything about it huh?"

"Blake calm down," I said.

"Audrey, shut the hell up, I don't even know who you are anymore," Blake said angrily.

"I'm a tired person, that's who I am," I responded.

"The Audrey I knew wouldn't sit around, she'd go get some guns, and go after these motherfuckers," Blake yelled. It pissed me off so much, I knew he was right, and I wouldn't deny it but I've changed a bit. I knew I always swore to myself that I'd never get tired of the gang life, but it's caught up with me.

"You know what Blake?" I said, getting up. "Go out there and do it yourself then! We just came back from a funeral, only to find someone dead, my house destroyed. Just shut up about retaliation for a second, and think wisely!"

"Who cares about wise thinking?" Blake said.

"WE DO!" Everyone yelled in agreement. Blake was the only one thinking unintelligently right now. I threw my hands up in the air, and walked away silently. My head was hurting; all of this was seriously stressing me out. Time for my daily dose of Ryder. I tugged at Ryder's hand, and lead him upstairs. No, we weren't going to have sex if that's what you were thinking. I just wanted to lay in bed next to him, and talk. I mean, if the events after lead up to sex, we'll let nature take it's course.