Chapter 28

A/N: gonna start doing songs to go in the background of the chapters now XD

Song: Stay by Rihanna ft. Mikey Ekko

•~•
"Luke Moore? Yeah, you can't go out with him," I told her. Atlanta looked at me like I was crazy.

"And why can't I?"

"Because he's my ex, and he's crazy. He's coming back, sooner or later, to kill me, kill us."

"But that was ages ago! I'm sure Luke's not like that anymore," Atlanta said. I sighed, but didn't say anything. It was pointless. I felt like I didn't know Ryder, for some reason, so maybe we could go out on a date. Yeah, tonight would be a perfect night to go out on a date. Everyone else would be getting drunk, while we'd be feeding our faces.

"Let's go out on a date tonight," I told Ryder.

"Sure, I'd love to."

"Of course you'd love to, you're dating Audrey Althea. I'm a living legend," I said playfully. Ryder smiled, it made my heartbeat 20 times faster. I knew that our relationship would be better and stronger, if I knew more about him. I'm really smart, I know. Ryder grabbed my hand, and stretched his back. I saw a familiar pair of keys hanging off one of his fingers. Excitement ran through my body.

"Did you ride my motorcycle here?" I said, excitedly. I was grinning really big. I haven't rode my motorcycle, or any motorcycle for that matter in awhile. I ran to the window like a kid, and saw my shiny, sleek, hot motorcycle outside parked to perfection. I squealed, we had to get out of here, I was dying to ride my motorcycle again. My phone rang, and I quickly answered it.

"Hello?"

"Audrey, something freaky is going on." It was Quincy's voice.

"What do you mean?" I said, not at all referring to the Justin Bieber song.

"I think someone's inside your house." I stared at my cell phone for a second, then put it back to my ear. The answer was obvious.

"Yeah, you're in my house." I snorted.

"No, someone other than me." I sighed. Dammit, more saving and adventuring. I'm tired of it, honestly.

"On our way," I said then hung up. I turned the guys with a pout. I really wanted to enjoy a nice, calm night inside with Ryder, but some people just won't let that happen. Ugh.

"We have to save a few people today, come on." The guys followed me outside, and I snatched my keys from Ryder. My beautiful, gorgeous motorcycle greeted me. I shivered a little, and immediately hopped on. This time, I was riding with no helmet. Probably because there was only one. I didn't feel like ruining my hair with a helmet, ruin your hair with wind today! Ryder grabbed the helmet, and wrapped his arms around my waist tightly. The guys were still getting in their cars, but I was impatient, so I sped ahead of them to my home.

The wind in my hair felt good. Hearing the deep rev of my motorcycle's engine gave me a feeling of excitement, and butterflies. The butterflies were from Ryder touching me, the butterflies were coming alive. I popped a wheelie, and Ryder whooped. I smiled, and we reached my house in record time, even before the rest of the guys did. I hopped off my motorcycle, and held my hands over the handles. I could be gone, never returning. I could be out there, riding forever into the sunset. Forcing my hands away from the handles, I ran to my house with Ryder behind me. I opened my door normally, and heard a conversation going on upstairs.

The voices were muffled, but one of them sounded like they were pleading. I was about to run upstairs, but Ryder grabbed my arm. "Don't do anything stupid, don't die on me either," Ryder said then kissed my lips softly, but enough for the butterflies to multiply x1000 times. He released me, and gave me a look of love, then went outside. I smiled at the door for 2 seconds, then remembered what I was here for. I ran upstairs, following the voices to my spare room. I groaned, and kicked the door open. Quincy was coughing up blood, while someone dressed in all black towered over him. I snuck up behind the person in black, and pinched a part of the neck that could make them fall out. Yep, I know all about that.

The guy fell down, and I scooted back a few inches. I gingerly stepped over him, then went over to help Quincy. "Call 911," he whispered hoarsely before coughing up more blood. I had a phone by my bed and pressed the emergency call button.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Coughing up blood, help. 1929 East Linwood." The lady assured me help was on the way, while I held on tightly to Quincy. I held his arm. Quincy was getting sleepy, and he was super close to blacking out. I grabbed his arm, and made his hand squeeze my arm as tight as it could. It was pretty tight, which was good. Even though it was hurting my arm, it meant Quincy was still alive.

"Good, keep squeezing, Quincy." Quincy's grip loosened a lot, and his eyelids were drooping low. I smacked his face a little, forcing his eyes open a little. Quincy coughed up blood.

"Thank you. . . " Quincy wheezed out. "For building up Ry-Ryder. You're the best thing that-'s happened to hi-him. Tell him, I-I-I'm sorry." 2 doctors, or ambulance people came inside with a stretcher. They pushed me aside, I may have punched one accidentally, and began to lift Quincy onto the stretcher. I walked downstairs, my stomach twisting. I didn't like people I care about getting hurt or dying. Ryder was waiting by the door, his arms open. I ran into them, burying my face into his shoulder.

"He'll be okay. He's Quincy," Ryder said kissing my hair. I cried into his shoulder. Quincy was carried out of my house, and the nosy ass neighbors came outside all into our business. I wiped my tears, and looked at that old lady who was always asking me about what goes on inside my house.

"Go back home, you old bitch!" An ambulance man came and asked which one of us was going with Quincy to the hospital. I pushed Ryder forward, sniffing.

"I don't wanna go," Ryder said, although his eyes lied. His eyes were watering. Even though Quincy did some terrible shit to him, I could tell Ryder cared about his brother a lot. I would too. Words and actions can hurt, but love overcomes all of that. I really sound all deep and shit.

"Yes you do. Call me when you get there," I said. Ryder nodded, kissed my cheek, and left inside the ambulance with Quincy. The guys pulled up. Tristan stood at my side as I watched the ambulance lead them away. I prayed Quincy would be alright. Tristan threw an arm around my shoulder, and gave me a smile.

"They'll be alright. They're the Johnson brothers." I leaned my head on Tristan's head, I felt the tears already coming.

But what if one of them didn't make it?