Chapter 22

"Fuuuuckkk," Ryder groaned. What are we going to do? I mean, the bomb looked strong enough to take the whole building down. Hundreds of people were in there, they didn't deserve to die. I just have to figure out some way we can get all of the people out in time, and safely.

"Look, we can't stand around. People are in there, innocent, and they don't deserve to die. So split up, and evacuate everyone," I command and everyone follows my command. I run back into the building, shooting all of Blood N Boots. They retreated, and I ran to the guy at the reception.

"There's a bomb. We need to get everyone out now!" He nods and begins typing rapidly. I ran upstairs, and started banging on everyone doors.

"EVERYONE OUT NOW!" I yelled frantically. People ran out screaming and shouting. I was doing pretty good, until Ryder screamed that there was 40 seconds left. I heard a little girl crying, so immediately, I listened to find where she was. She was in a closet, and a box had fell. It crushed her tiny little body. She was crying, and had blue eyes with long blonde hair. I told her everything would be fine, and lifted the box up. It was extremely heavy, like someone put 4 fucking bowling balls inside of it. I groaned, and heaved it up with all my might. She wiggled from beneath it, and crawled out of the closet.

I slammed it down, and I knew it was 10 second left on the clock. I doubt we could make it. Well she could. "Come on honey, we've gotta go." I swooped her into my arms, and she held onto me tight. I opened up the window, and hurried down the fire escape. There was an entire field of grass next to this building for some odd reason, but it was good because this bitch was about to blow. I heard a little tick, which meant 1, and I jumped over the railing with the little girl screaming in my ear. The entire ground shook as the large motel blew up and caught on fire. Bits and pieces of the hotel flew out everywhere, and I threw the girl in the ground safely before shielding her small body with mines. I covered her, my ears ringing.

The flames were starting to really get going, and it was getting hot. I felt an arm grab my right arm, so I looked up to see Ryder. He didn't say anything, but apparently he was trying to help. I stood up on my two feet, wobbly, but them my knees buckled and I went down. I looked down at my knees, and they had 2 small pieces of shrapnel sticking inside of them. I pulled them out with ease, and a little wince, and stood up again. The little girl had already scurried off, and Ryder was helping me up. "If I lost you, I wouldn't know what to do," he whispered into my ear as I stood close to him.

"Oh please; I mean, even if I did die, I'd kill you too so we'd be in hell together," I smiled at him. He laughed, and we walked down through the grassy fields into a forest behind it where everyone was waiting. I sat down, and wiped my forehead from the sweat. That was like, some super cool spy shit right there.

•√•√•√

"Excuse me," someone said softly. I turned around, scratching my hair. It was someone's mother, she had soft blonde hair and looked about 38.

She smiled at me. "Thank you for saving Emilia." Emilia must've been the girl that I jumped out of the window with. Yep.

"No problem at all." She left after that, and I found myself stumbling into Ryder. I fell down, and he laughed at me like the heartless monkey he is. Grumbling, I stand up on my own and walk outside with Ryder still laughing but behind me. I cross my arms and go across the street to the coffee shop the guys were in. Ryder grabbed my arm just as I entered the shop.

"Baby," Ryder drawled. "I'm sorry for laughing at you." He pulled me into his chest. I pouted at him.

"I want a kiss." Ryder laughed and pecked my lips. It wasn't sufficient to me.

"No, like a real one, or we'll never have sex again," I demanded. Ryder grabbed my face and planted his lips firmly on mine. Claps and whistles erupted from around us in the coffee shop. We pulled apart, and smiled. You could tell that we loved each other, we were so protective of each other, and we were just perfect.

We sat down next to the guys. From the atmosphere around them, it wasn't good. "What's wrong?" I ask them.

"Our boss........ was kidnapped."

My jaw dropped. What the hell?

•√•√•√

Very short chapter, I know.