Chapter 5

The fight happened, and we won. I don't want to tell you the gruesome details, because things got bloody. I haven't talked to Ryder in about 4 days, and I've been a little more than depressed. I didn't think he had this much of an impression on my attitude. It was an honest mistake!

Bags started to appear under my eyes. My grades are perfect still. Whenever the teachers say something to me, I don't even argue anymore. They continue to ask me what's wrong, and I just smile sadly. Wren has been coming over here constantly trying to cheer me up. Honestly, he's been super sweet. And I thank him every time.

Ryder's been avoiding me at all costs. Even if it means ditching the whole day. And it's killing me. So today, everything's going to change. Because I'm going to force him to be my friend. I mean, everyone is too scared of me to actually approach me.

Today's Friday, the day Ryder and I will mend our friendship. I hop into the shower, brush my teeth, and all the usual morning stuff. I go to my wardrobe, and find my outfit. I find a purple off-shoulder half shirt, a pair of black leggings, and my black ankle books. I find my grey beanie.

Yes, I have an obsession with black, but today is an exception. I quickly text Wren to meet me at school. He responds with a 'k'. I've taught him full and well better than that to respond with a 'k.' He is so gonna get a speech at lunch period. Hopping onto my motorcycle, I drive through a few backstreets.

I successfully make my way to the school earlier than anyone else. And that's honestly perfect. Ryder makes it to school early, just lazing around or goofing off with his jock friends. Even his jock friends are afraid of me. Ryder should be pulling up in 5,4,3,2 and 1.

Ryder pulls in to the parking lot, his black Beatle motorcycle polished. I resist the urge to drool over the babe, and shove my bag angrily into my compartment. Ryder pulls off his helmet, running his hands through his soft hair. He pulls out his phone, and begins scrolling or playing a game I think.

I march over to him silently, my anger being spoken throughout my body language. Nostrils flared, mouth in a firm tight line, my hands clenched into fists. Ryder Johnson, prepare to face the wrath of Audrey Althea.

I snatch his phone easily out of his hand and put it into my back pocket. He looks up at me with shock and anger I believe. I glare at him, challenging him go say something crazy. I'll fucking kill you.

"Why the hell have you been ignoring me, Johnson?" I demand. He just stares blankly at me. I resist the urge to pull my hair out of my head.

"If you aren't going to answer me then just listen okay?" I tell him. He shrugs. I take a deep breath, my anger leaving my body.

"Ryder, I realize what I asked you that night was totally uncomfortable for you. And I'm sorry, okay? I'm not really good with apologies, so bare with me. I just don't understand why are you ignoring me? I mean, sure I may be a bitch, annoying, irritating, demanding, spoiled little brat. So yeah, I understand if you ignore me. Anyways, you are going to be my friend, and you wanna know why? Because you're my first friend. And you're like my best friend. And friends stick together through thick and thin. So what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry." I breathe out, taking a few deep breaths.

Ryder stares at me blankly. I cover my face in my hands, and groan.

"Ryder, do you see these fucking bags underneath my eyes?" I ask him. He looks at my face, and nods his head yes.

"Do you wanna know why I have these? You. I was up thinking through 4 nights on how to restore our friendship. You know you've brought so much joy to my life! I mean my life was awesome before you came, but it's even better now!" I babble out. His lips twitch up.