Chapter 17

I woke up in someone's arms, in a white room with a consistent beep getting on my damn nerves. I opened my eyes, and immediately recognized Tristan's face. He was asleep, with his curly hair sometimes laying over his eyes. I looked around, noticing Erwin, Ash, Wyatt, Daniel, and Blake. Blake was awake, with his head in his hands. I'm guessing his drunken state has wore off?

"Where's Ryder?" I squeaked. Blake immediately shot up, and blinked a few times.

"I'm sorry." Blake said with a frown.

"It's alright, where's Ryder?" I ask him again. He points to the hospital bed across the room, so I slide out of Tristan's arms and walk over to him on my wobbly legs. I gasp at the sight. He had tubes everywhere, and his chest area was covered in bandages underneath the thin hospital dress. Tears welled in my eyes, and I reached a shaky hand out to take his.

"Is he. . . in a coma?" I ask in a shaky voice.

"Yes. The doctors expect him to wake up sometime next month. He'll be fine." Blake responds.

I start sobbing, and clutch his hand in mines. My heart sobs itself, and I clutch it like it's the last thing I'll ever do. Tears run do my face, and I do nothing to stop them. It's almost like every time we're happy, something happens to him. I put his life in danger, he could've gotten killed. And it was going to be all of my fault. I just need some time to think, but right now, I'm just praying he gets better. I hear the door close softly, signaling Blake left.

I clear my throat. "R-ryder, I love you. I love you with all of my heart, I'm in love with you. I just somehow feel like this all my fault," I pause feeling the tears clog my throat. "You're always putting your life on the line for mines, and I'm not even that worthy. Somehow, you've found some type of good inside of me. I don't know how, or why, but I like it. I like knowing that someone's all for me." I continue.

"I'm gonna go now, okay? But I'll visit you everyday. I love you. See you later, Ryder," I whisper and bring his hand up to my heart. I heard that when you're in a coma, you still hear and feel everything around you. You just can't move. My heart beats wildly, and I want him to feel it. That's how I feel when he smiles at me, argues with me, or when we're sleeping in the same bed together. It's a fucking tornado, and it's alive. I'm at the eye of the storm. I kiss his knuckles, and gently put his hand back on top of his body. I lean down and kiss his forehead. His heart monitor increases, and a small smile crosses my face. He feels the same.

•√•√•√

Ryder's P.O.V

"Come on, Ryder! Come catch me!" Audrey giggles and takes off running down the sidewalk. I grin, and chase after her. Only until the sidewalk falls, and I'm underwater now. I spot Audrey's beautiful body, still telling me to hurry. I swim as fast as I could to her, but she was faster.

"Wait up!" I call out after her. A large shark with human legs jumps in front of me. It smiles at me with it's pearly whites.

"Hello, Ryder. How's everything going?" The shark asks me in a deep gravelly voice.

"Just peachy," I respond sarcastically. It slaps me and I fall into a swirling mass of air called a tornado. I'm falling inside of it, and I see Audrey at the top still telling something. Finally she just yells it out.

"YOU HAVE TO HOLD ON!" She screams. I spot a tree poking out, and so I grab one of it's branches.

"I LOVE YOU!" She screams at me as I hold on with all my might.

"I love you too."

And then, the wind increases and she's blown away. The tree is shaking, threatening to throw me off. But I won't let it, I'll be right here. I'm not going to let this thing win.

•√•√•√

Every day for the past 4 weeks, I've gone to Ryder's hospital room and talked to him. The doctors say he's healing fine, and should wake up today. I've done a little bit of thinking. Maybe, we weren't meant to be. I've always put his life in danger, he deserves someone that can keep him safe. Michael, Atlanta, & Penelope are catching a plane to come here. They're expected to be here around 7 tonight. I sat in Ryder's room, awaiting for his green eyes to look at me. His hand twitches, I swear it just did.

I dart to his side, watching his fingers twitch like he was trying to hold onto something. He grabs my hand, and holds onto it like if he didn't, he'd die. I buzz his little buzzer for the nurses and tears of happiness start to well in my eyes. Ryder takes a gasp of air, and his eyes open. The nurses rush in, and give him some water while checking his injuries. He's still clutching my hand, and soon, the nurses leave. "Ryder?" I whisper. He turns his head to me, and smiles.

"Oh my gosh, you're awake!" I hug him as much as my small frame could. He hugs me back, and I'm just in this bubble of happiness. We release each other, and just grin.

"How was it like being in a coma?" I ask him.

"It was so weird, I saw you and you kept telling me to hold on. At first, I thought you were nuts. But then, I was underwater and this shark with legs slapped me. I fell into a tornado, and found this tree. You told me to hold on again, and then you were swept away. So I did what any logical person would do. I held on." Ryder says, swallowing hard. My heart swells and I wrap my arms around him. The door opens, and Ryder freezes. I let him go, with a confused look.

"Hey baby! Did you miss me?" A voice says, with a snarl. I turn around to face a girl I knew. She's my sister, and my boss has been looking for her for awhile. I scrunch my eyebrows at her.

"Claire?" Ryder & I both say at the same time. Ryder said he shot her in the heart. Oo, Ryder you are in big trouble.