Chapter 35

My body came into impact with trash bags that were laid on the side of the building. I was thankful, but also disgusted. The trash bags were overflowing. I groaned, and sat up slowly. My hands came into contact with something slimy, and I instantly retracted my hands back.

I stood, and listened intently to the gunfire. I didn't hear any footsteps, so no one was on foot. My eyes landed on the gray door that was carved into the building everyone went inside of. The door swung open, with Jo's face telling me to get inside. I obeyed, and a large gun was shoved into my hands as I was pushed backwards onto the floor.

"Hey!" I protested, but soon felt a pair of hands sliding some shoes onto me. Once he started tying the laces, I noticed it was converse. I smiled, and looked around the dark room. I could hear everyone breathing heavily, along with preparing their guns.

"Audrey," a dark figure drawled near me. "If we don't make it out of this, I want you to know I love you."

It was only Ryder. I was going to respond smartly, but something in my head just clicked.

"I love you, too." Ryder grabbed the base of my neck softly, and his soft lips met mine. Our lips were in perfect sync, making my insides melt. I know we'll make it out of this.

I pulled away. "We'll make it out of this, and once we do, I have to tell you something important."

"Just tell me now," Ryder said in response. Even though it was dark, I could feel his gaze into my face. I tilted my head downwards, staying silent

"No time!" Jo interrupted. "They could trap us in here."

I nodded in agreement. "My boys brought a car that's about two blocks away?" The boys nodded in confirmation. I threw the strap of the large gun onto my shoulder, preparing to go out into battle. I stretched my legs a little.

"Ready?" Jo asked us all.

"Wait," Erwin interjected. His voice was distinctive. "I just need to say I love you guys."

That part was meant to us, as in the regular. The boys mumbled their 'Love you too's and so did I.

A few seconds later, the door bursted open with force. It flew back on it's hinges with a creaking ache. My finger pulled onto the trigger as I aimed for the men at the door. Their bodies were pelted with bullets, ending their lives. I pushed past the lifeless bodies, and ran outside blasting my gun away. I hit each and every target in the head. I took out all my frustrations on them.

I ran out of bullets, and I had none left to reload with. I glared slightly at Jo before I expertly dodged each bullet fired at me. In doing so, I managed to get closer to my opponents so I did what I knew best. I grabbed onto the wrist of one of them, and swung my leg behind me to get the other. Hearing him fall, I twisted the first man's arm behind his back and pushed him face first into the ground.

I punched the second man in the face with a lot of force. My knuckles split from the punch. I turned around and shot the first man in the head with his own gun. I looked up, noticing a tuff of brown hair easing closer to Ryder's back. Ryder was already busy with fighting one guy.

That head of brown hair looked familiar. Daniel. I narrowed my eyes, and ran over to them in record time. Just as Daniel was about to pounce on Ryder, I hooked my arm around his neck and swung him into the shadows of another building.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I shouted into his ear, my grip tightening. Daniel struggled, and I could hear his breathing becoming irregular.

"I'm doing my fucking job!" Daniel spat out at me. "And so is Blake."

My heart tightened slightly, and I squeezed him until I could hear his rasping for breath.