Chapter 34

"Excuse me," I said to a random stranger on the street. This man was dressed in a suit with a suitcase in his hand. He looked like a smart guy, so I hustled to catch up with them.

The man turned around, and raised an eyebrow. "Who are you miss? And where are your shoes?"

"My name's Audrey, and uh, long story. But, I wanted to ask if you knew where I could find Wilburn street." I smiled nervously at him. He thought to himself for a moment, but I couldn't help but to think about how I look right now. I must look like I'm nuts. A girl dressed in a skater skirt and crop top that's barefooted with wild crazy black hair. What an image.

"Just walk straight up this street, and make a left. You'll be on Wilburn street."

My insides bursted with joy of this news. "Thank you, kind sir." I kissed his cheek, and ran down the street. The feeling of excitement over ran my functions inside. I could just see Ryder's reaction, I could just feel my legs get jelly at the thought of him.

But I needed to go home. I needed him, more importantly.

I was on Wilburn in an instant, and I found the church that was discussed. I banged on the large brown doors impatiently. People passing by on the street looked at me like I was nuts.

The door didn't open.

I banged again and again, before a girl approached me. In all honesty, she looked like a blue haired version of myself. She had that 'idgaf' attitude, the style, plus she had a lot of piercings. She just stared at me, I stared at her back.

"What?" I demanded.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to?" She growled back. "I'll put you in the hospital."

I trotted down the stairs, and made sure she got a good look at me. "I'm talking to you. Put me in the hospital? You're on drugs, kid."

She smiled. "I like you."

I raised an eyebrow. "Um, I like you too, I guess?"

"Need help with the door?" She said, brushing past me gently to get to the large doors. She pushed them, and they swung open grandly.

"Well shit," I muttered. "If I'd know that, I'd done that from the start."

She winked at me, and swished her blue hair over her shoulder while walking inside. I followed behind her, closing the doors and locking them. She walked down the long aisle of the church quickly, like she had an agenda to attend to. She led me to the underground part of the church, where an old wrinkly man that looked like a pastor, sat.

The vault was really a regular room with a bunch of boxes stacked against the wall. Why? For reasons unknown to me.

"Are you Pastor Vaughn?" I asked the man. He nodded, and smiled at me. "Jo sent me here, I don't know why."

The blue haired girl rummaged through one of the boxes, and pulled out what looked like a toolbox. She shoved it in my hands, and I sat on the floor so I could open it. I opened it, to find a cellphone. I turned it on, and unlocked it with a swipe.

I went to the dial pad, and my fingers tapped in Ryder's number.  I memorized it by heart, I knew I'd need him eventually. It rung twice before Ryder's voice came through the phone.

"Hello?" I whispered, holding the phone to my ear. I felt like I was becoming emotional.

"Audrey?" Ryder's voice came through the phone. I put my hand up to my mouth shakily.

"Ryder?" I sobbed, tears rolling down my face quickly. I missed him, I needed him. I don't know how I survived without him.

"Baby, where are you?" Ryder asked me.