Chapter Twenty Two

Harry's POV

Yes? Did I actually hear her say yes? Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt me, well that saying is a load of shit. Her liking someone else hurts me more than any physically damage and I barely know katelyn. "It's Liam isn't it? Or maybe Niall, Louis even? Please not Zayn, I don't want drama like Ashley." Kate starts to laugh at me, how can this be funny? "It's Louis. He's just really cute, you know? He was great in drama and when he asked if we had sex all I wanted to do was do it with him. Just the thought of me and Louis." She tilts her head back imagining it and I feel disgusted.

"Oh, well I better get going" I pulled out my money to pay for breakfast but she grabbed my arm preventing me to leave. "Harry. I'm only kidding, Louis is a friend... Actually maybe not even" I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. "but I do like someone..." Here comes the emotional pain again, I know she's going to Liam, I just know it. They have this close bond when I wasn't there for her, how can I replace that?

I stood up from my seat and left to my car before I hear the word Liam come out of her mouth.

Katelyns POV

I ran after harry to his car, I know I made a joke but I don't understand why he's getting so upset."Harry what are you doing" I said as I watched Harry slammed his fist against the car. "I can't do this Kate. I thought you liked me" I step closer to him as I watch the tear escaped his eye. I've never seen Harry so motional but I love it, it gives me a chance to see he actually cares. "Harry you idiot if you listen to me I was going to say you" I studied his face, that moment of hurt he once held was gone. "Fuck don't do that to me, and say you like Louis. It's hard to believe I can actually get you to like me so you saying this shit hurts" I can understand what Harry is coming from but I was only having a laugh. I thought he knew I liked him, I made it pretty obvious. It's not nearly as bad as him making out with Celeste and acting like I mean nothing to him.

"I'm sorry" is all I can manage to say. Harry wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to his chest. "Now that I know for sure you like me. How about I get a full day with you?" I don't know how just yesterday I hated him, I couldn't stand him for what he did to Kenzie and I don't even actually know what he did to her. Maybe I making a bigger deal about this , Kenzie could be the reason things ended right?

"Fine lets go to the mall? I'm looking to buy some new clothes" I suggested, I really did want to buy some new clothes. I need a new image for the new me, and new clothes is a start. "I was thinking maybe go to your place? I'd offer to go to mine but everyone is there most likely." I was getting the feeling something was up. "Harry it's a Saturday, I rather not spend the whole day indoors. Besides my mom is probably home." I bet she's actually not home but I needed another excuse to go out. "Fine" Harry sighed.

Once we arrived at the mall I went to the first shop I saw. As I looked through the clothes I glanced at Harry who didn't seem interested at all. He stood at entrance of the store biting his nails. "Harry" I yelled getting his attention. "There's nothing interesting in here. Let's leave" I actually found a few cute things but with Harry killing my mood, I wasn't up for shopping. "You sure babe?" Instantly when the nickname babe left his mouth, all is forgiven. I nodded and grabbed Harry's hand but he dropped it. I looked up to see his face with no emotion. What the hell did I do?

"Your house?" Harry asked, I'm guessing that's him asking where our destination would be. "No yours" After already giving up shopping I wasn't going to let Harry make the decisions. Plus I rather see Niall and Liam then hang out with this Debby downer. "Alright, mine it is" Harry said backing out of the parking space.

As soon as we got on the road Harry grabbed my hand. "Are you okay? You're acting strange." He didn't want to hold my hand in the parking lot but he will now. "What I can't hold your hand?" Harry lifted my hand up and placed a soft kiss against the back of my hand. I decided to ignore his weird behaviour and look forward to seeing my best friends.