Tia

Darkness..

Keep away...

Stay away...

I opened my eyes and adjusted them from the countless nights of crying myself to sleep.

I missed everyone but I had to do what I had to do.

They said they would leave my family alone if I left.

So I did. I couldn't stay there putting my family in danger. I didn't want everyone living in constant fear.

I didn't know any other way other than to leave. I knew that it was going to come back to me one day.

Flashback

"I want to rock with you all night. Dance you in the day. Sunlight. Rock with you. Rock the night away."

I was higher than I have ever been and decided to take a walk. Michael Jackson had been playing in my head for hours now. I loved him. I was dancing along.

I never wanted this feeling to end and I needed a way to get more. I was walking in a pretty nice neighborhood and knew someone had some money.

I would wait and come back to the house after I found a place to sleep.

So I continued to dance and sing until I saw a house that looked run down. It was a dead end so I figured may I could find some there.

I walked around the house quietly. It was to quiet but my main focus was to find a place to sleep so I could go steal.

I creep up to the door and heard voices.

"What do you mean? This isn't ending."

"It has too no one can find out about this. Us."

"But I thought that you were going to leave your wife once we finished this deal?"

"No. I can't it's to risky."

"Are you gonna be a coward all your life and care about what everyone says. What about me? What about us? I thought you loved me?"

I could see a woman starting to cry. The man was doing nothing to console her.

"I'll be in touch."

"What?! You're not leaving me!"

"Get it through your head were done. This will never go anywhere. I'm not leaving my wife."

He began to walk towards the door but I couldn't move.

"If I can't have you no one will."

The gun rang loud in my ear as I stared at the body in front of me.
I looked at her as we stared at each other. Before she could shoot me I ran.

I ran until I couldn't run anymore.

I tried to lay low. I didn't realize that I had witnessed a man that had been running for office get shot by his campaign manager.

I was trying to get the image of his face out of my head but I couldn't. She had killed him and he was dead.

Someone had found him though. I couldn't bring myself to call the police. I liked my drugs and didn't wanna go to jail.

I had just got done using and it felt good to forget. So I laid down on the floor in the vacant house. Peace.

I felt something on my throat making me open my eyes.

She stood above me.

"Don't move bitch."

I tried to stay as still as possible.