Rescue Me

JIKOOK
This story is set in a post apocalyptic world.

Jungkook pov
My heart was pounding against my ribcage as I ran up the broken stairways of the skyscraper. The faint sound of fast footsteps still trailing behind me. How is he so fast?! My legs felt like they were about to fall off, while my lungs were gasping for the oxygen I was lacking. Why is he following me? My heart skipped a beat when I saw light at the top of the dark stairway, my escape. I took a somewhat deep breath before using all my energy to sprint up those last few steps.

My eyes squinted as I suddenly entered the sunlight, my vision also darkening slightly, allowing me time to trip and tumble onto the hard concrete rooftop. "Fuck." I gasped in pain, my head was throbbing while my chest felt like it was filled with sand. I also couldn't feel my legs. "Get up!" I cried to myself, trying desperately to regain strength to my starved body. But it was no use. I'm dead meat.

I tensed slightly when I heard those familiar footsteps coming up the stairs. The sound getting louder and louder until it suddenly stopped all together. And so did my breathing. I couldn't bring myself to turn my head towards the source of the sound, just kill me already. "Haha, you run pretty fast." I heard a voice giggle from far away. Where is he? "But I'm faster!" The voice yelled, followed by footsteps approaching me. "P-please d-don't k-kill m-me." I begged, using my remaining strength to hold back my tears. You don't want to show weakness infront of someone. "Hahaha, I'm not going to kill you!" The voice laughed hysterically, as if that was the funniest joke he's ever heard. "T-then w-what do you w-want?" I whimpered, warm tears finally falling down my face. "You're trespassing on our turf." The voice said, all silliness leaving the once giggly voice. "I-I'm s-sorry!" I cried, trespassing on a gangs land could get you killed. "Sorry isn't going to save you." The voice hissed. I screwed my eyes shut and waited for the man to grab me or do something, but it never came. "Oww!" I heard the giggly voice scream, followed by the sound of a body hitting the floor. I gasped when strong hands grabbed the front of my shirt and lifted me up to my feet. "Open your eyes idiot!" My savior yelled as he shook my aching body. I opened my eyes, my vision was blurry from hitting my head but I could still see the person in front of me. It was a man, maybe a couple years older than me. He was tall and had strong defined muscles in his arms. He was pretty handsome too. "Are you ok?" The man asked while he set me onto the ground. The instant my feet touched the ground my head spun and my whole world went dark.

"Is he awake yet?" I heard a smooth voice ask. "No not yet." Another voice mumbled. "What happened to him? I thought you saved him?" A louder voice asked. "I did save him! But the dumb kid must've hit his head." The same voice belonging to the man that saved me responded. Where am I? What happened, and why can't I move? "He's waking up!" The louder voice yelled. I groaned in pain as I opened my eyes, the sun shining into my eyes only amplifying the pain. I jumped when a unfamiliar face suddenly appeared above me, flashing me a smile brighter then the sun. "Hiya kid, rough day?" The man laughed as he held out his hand so I could sit up. I grabbed his hand and allowed him to help me sit up, the sudden movement causing my head to throb. "What's your name kid?" The man who saved me asked, he was sitting on a rock and he was cleaning what looked like a gun. "Jeon Jungkook." I whispered, trying hard not to stutter. The man that saved me flashed me a smile, it wasn't as bright as the other guys but it seemed friendly. "My name is Namjoon, Mr smily is Hoseok and that's Jimin." The man now known as Namjoon said, he also pointed to the guy who was known as Jimin. Jimin was leaning against a wall, he was holding a knife and examining the blade with his thumb. My mouth went dry as I stared at the seemingly bored male, he was handsome, way more handsome then Namjoon. Jimin suddenly flicked his eyes towards me and once he realized I was staring he gave me a beautiful eye smile. "Did you hit your head?" Hoseok asked, grabbing my attention away from Jimin. I nodded, "yeah, I tripped." I continued as I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment. Hoseok and Namjoon nodded in understanding, then Hoseok suddenly jumped to his feet and walked inside of a building. Namjoon also stood up and followed behind him. Leaving me alone with Jimin.