Beauty and The Beast

JIKOOK

*warnings* non-con, violence, blood, panic attack/ptsd

Jimin clasped his muddy fingers around a branch, only for it to snap like a bone in his hand. He tried reaching for another, a thicker one, but it was too high and he was out of time. He could hear it behind him. Breathing, running, snarling. Each paw slamming to the ground with enough force to shake the earth beneath him. Tears slipped down his cheeks and clung to his frostbitten skin. He gazed through his tears, facing a bleary forest with no way out. His only hope of escaping death was to climb the tree, but with the only low branch now clutched in his fist, he was doomed.

     Doomed to a beast. The very beast he could see make its way through the trees. Hunched over and smelling the air for his fear.

Jimin choked back a sob when the beast caught sight of him, sharp amber eyes piercing his very soul. Its ears flattened against its head, its lips curled back in a threatening snarl, and it lunged. Paws cutting through the mud faster and faster, until it was inches from Jimin's crumpled form. The beast knelt its large head and growled, so deep and guttural it rattled Jimin's bones. He whimpered and found his eyes screwing shut in fear of what was to come.

"Please," Jimin whimpered as he pressed his back against the tree. "Please don't kill me."

"What makes you think I'm going to kill you?"

Jimin's eyes snapped open and he found himself face to face with sharp amber orbs. But instead of being bordered by thick, black fur, they were surrounded by skin. Jimin blinked, as if that would make everything disappear, but it only made the image clearer. The image of a gorgeous, naked boy hovering above him. Black hair dripping with sweat, framing his face in wet, wavy strands. Blood red lips pulled back to reveal sharp, pearly white canines. Hooded eyes practically devouring him, which Jimin could've sworn were amber but were now a chilling black.

"What?" He whimpered.

The boy above him snarled, the sound straight from a dog, and his head whipped to the side. So fast that Jimin was worried he had broken his neck. The boy narrowed his eyes, the black pools melting back into amber, and he lowered his head. Something had caught his attention, something Jimin couldn't see, and that terrified him.

"What—"

"Quiet," the boy hissed.

Jimin snapped his mouth shut and dug his cold fingers into the muddy earth. His heart was pounding, so hard and fast that he could've sworn he was having a heart attack. A twig snapped and his heart came to a screeching halt. In the distance he could see lights. Multiple burning orbs of fire that with closer inspection, he realized were torches. They were still searching for him.

"Oh god," Jimin gasped. He couldn't believe it, the whole village was out searching for him, and for what? A few crumbs of stale bread.

"Do you know them?" The boy's head whipped back to face him, amber eyes swallowing him whole.
Drowning him in a sea of fire that caressed every inch of his skin with warmth.

"Answer me," the boy snapped, pulling Jimin back to reality.

"They're the villagers—" Jimin focused on the quickly approaching torches—"they're searching for me."

A gruff voice cut through the forest, calling out a word that Jimin had come to hate with every fiber of his being.

"Show yourself witch!" The voice yelled again, echoing off the trees and straight into Jimin's waiting ears.