Flower Boy

JINMIN

Jin pov
I stared blankly at the wilted red roses. The petals were wrinkled and the stems slouched.

It reminded me of myself.

Carefully I took one of the wilted buds into my hand and misted it with water. Red roses mean true love. True love is dying and I'm the only one that can save it. Which is ironic because I couldn't even save my own true love.
~~~~~~
"Yoongi please unlock the door!" I begged as I pounded on our bathroom door. "Y-you d-don't l-love me!" Yoongi shrieked from inside the bathroom. I wanted to leave and find a key but I didn't want to leave Yoongi alone. "Yoongi, baby, of course I love you." I whispered with my head resting against the cold lifeless door. There was silence. To much silence. "Well..I don't love myself." Yoongi mumbled, almost inaudible thanks to the wood separating us. "No Yoongi!" I shouted, fuck it. Using all my strength I rammed the door. The scratchy sound of wood splintering rang through my ears. Then I saw him. Lying on the floor. Limp. Lifeless. Pale. Stray tears still falling from his cold dead eyes.
~~~~~~
"Hello?" A voice called from the front of the shop. Hurriedly I blinked away my tears. Some strays landing on the wrinkled petals of the roses. Which for some sick and twisted reason I found amusing. My tears fell on my true love when he died. Now they're falling on more dying love.

"Hello, how can I help you?" I asked flatly. All my happiness was taken when he died. The boys eyes landed on me, a small smile appeared to be constantly resting on his plump lips.

How can anyone be happy in this unfair life?

"Hi, I was wondering if you had any tulips?" The sunny boy asked. Happiness practically radiated off of him and I hated it. I couldn't help myself as I rolled my eyes. "Of course I have tulips, this is a flower shop after all." I snapped. The boys smile faltered but it didn't die. Instead it seemed to get bigger. "I know this is a flower shop, a lovely one at that, but I just didn't know if tulips were in season." The boy replied with a small hint of sass. How dare he sass me. "Whatever, follow me." I huffed as I walked towards the tulips. Which happened to be right next to the wilting roses. The boy practically squealed when he saw the tulips, all of them varying in color, shape, and size. The boy was about to speak but his mouth shut when his eyes landed on the useless roses. "Why would you let true love die?" He asked, that bright smile finally dead and replaced with tight lips.

I was definitely surprised he knew red roses symbolized true love. This kid knows his flowers. But I was mostly surprised that he would ask that question. "I didn't let them die, things die, that's life." I replied, refusing to sugarcoat anything for this kid. The boys eyes didn't move from the roses. If he stared at them any longer they might burst into flames. "No, obviously you let them die." He stated as if the roses were telling him what to say. I clenched my teeth in frustration, "no I didn't, flowers die idiot, it's called the circle of life." The boy finally shifted his eyes to me once he heard the sour name I called him. "The tulips are alive and healthy, so are the daisy's and hydrangeas." He said gesturing to the very healthy and vibrant flowers that surrounded the dead roses. "You neglected the roses, you ignored true love, why?" The boy asked his eyes boring holes into my very soul.

I wanted to punch this kid. Kick him out of my store and tell him to never come back. But I can't. Because that'd be bad for business and this shop is all I have left.

"I didn't ignore true love, It's useless so I don't need it." I spoke using my best bored tone to act like this kid wasn't bothering me. It's true though, they're useless. Red roses only sell good during February because of valentine's day. Currently it's September so I don't see rose sales going up anytime soon. The boy giggled at my answer, "What's so funny?" I snapped once again. "Nothing, I'll take one white tulip." He said followed by flashing me a blinding smile. I grumbled curse words under my breath as I cut the single tulip off of the stem and brought it up to the counter. "That'll be two dollars and fifty cents." I stated. Simultaneously I gave the boy his flower and collected his filthy money. "Thank you, my name is Jimin by the way." He replied sweetly before leaving the shop for good.