Don't You See...

TAEKOOK
Hi everyone, I know I've been gone for awhile but if you read my announcements then you'll know why. Anyway, I really want to get back into writing but my usual long pieces are just too much for me right now. So I hope you guys enjoy some short hurt/comfort oneshots in the meantime. If you have any short prompts I'd also love to hear them. Love you all.

Taehyung stared at the corner of the dance studio. The area where the floor, wall, and mirror connected in a perfect right angle. There was dirt stuck in the corner, residue that the cleaners either couldn't reach or didn't bother to touch. He felt like that dirt. So close yet still too far away to reach. Filth left behind in an otherwise spotless room.

"Taehyungie."

He looked away from the corner and turned towards the owner of the voice. He knew who it was without even looking a them, but his mother always emphasized the importance of eye contact when speaking with someone. "Yes Jungkook?"

Jungkook smiled and pointed at the bowl of ramen in Taehyung's lap, which he had forgotten was even there. "Are you going to finish that?" He asked.

Taehyung looked down at the food, the mere sight of it sending his stomach through a loop. He shook his head, handed the maknae the food, and turned back towards the corner. But instead of being met with the empty right angle, he was met with the sight of Jimin practicing his splits. Jimin smiled at him, eyes disappearing in healthy cheeks, before jumping up and bounding towards Hoseok. Taehyung wondered for a second how Jimin could be so happy all the time. He felt himself get jealous at the thought of it. But he pushed the feelings away, slumped farther down his chair, and stared at the dirt in the corner.
-------
Taehyung stared at the ceiling of his bedroom. The smooth surface disrupted by the tears gathering on his lashes. He blinked and they fell down the sides of his face and into his hair. Some of them even tickling his ears, but he was in no mood to care. He felt worthless, like the dirt from earlier, and the feeling was weighing him down to the mattress. An emotion so heavy that he hasn't felt in so long. Worthlessness.

"Taehyung?"

Again he knew who it was, he could recognize that voice from anywhere. But this time Taehyung looked away and closed his eyes, praying that the maknae would believe that he was asleep.

"Taehyung? Are you awake?"

The voice was closer and Taehyung bit his lip as more tears slid past his shut eyelids. His bed sunk and he felt the weight of Jungkook's body lie against his back.

"I know you're awake." He pulled Taehyung's arm until he was lying on his back again, eyes wide open and blinking away stray tears. "I also know you've been crying."

Taehyung scoffed and wiped away the tears with the heel of his hand, pressing hard enough that he saw shapes. "That's because you barged into my room, what do you want?"

Jungkook didn't answer and instead grabbed Taehyung's wrist, bringing the palm of his hand up to his lips. He kissed the damp skin, allowing his lips to linger for a few seconds too long. Taehyung pulled his hand away and tried to ignore the heat rushing to his face.

"Is it getting bad again?" Jungkook whispered into the darkness, as if the walls had ears and were listening.

Taehyung felt the weight inside him return and he blinked rapidly to cool the burn in his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied shakily.

Jungkook sighed and sat up, pulling Taehyung with him. From this position Taehyung could actually see Jungkook's face, and it made holding back the tears a thousand times harder.

"Don't you see that I care Taehyung?" He asked, his own eyes starting to burn with tears of frustration. "Don't you see that we all care?"

"No-" he inhaled a sharp breath and looked away from Jungkook-"I don't see it...but I wish I could."

"Oh Taehyung." Jungkook leaned forward, ran one of his hands through Taehyung's hair, and pulled them together. Taehyung shook with sobs and Jungkook held him tighter. He knew Taehyung felt heavy at that moment and he wanted nothing more than to take that weight away. "You'll see eventually hyung." He kissed the sweat damp skin of Taehyung's neck before pulling them down to the bed. "I promise you will."