Chapter Eight

“Brendan! What are you doing?!” Tori yelled.

         Brendan ignored his boss and sped up, gathering speed; Ianto was parallel to him. They both seemed to be aiming towards the wall.

            The two SUV’s rushed past the group, and crashed directly into the wall. Brendan and Ianto must have fallen out of the car because they were now on the cement. The cars were stopped right in the middle of something. Rebecca, Ari, and Owen ran out between the Torchwood vehicles. Brendan and Ianto got up as well.

           “It looks like something trapped the three of you into that area with electricity currents blocking the main exit,” Tosh said quickly. “The cars blocked it for a quick moment and now…well…” She pointed to the cars, which were right in front of a solid brick wall, repaired, like nothing had happened.

            “Jeff, Brendan, I want you two to check the car, make sure everything is working properly. Ari, Bex, come over here.” Tori said. Ari and Rebecca came over and Tori checked to make sure they were alright.

            “What happened?” Tori asked.

           Becca spoke, explaining her part, and Ari spoke her's. After they finished, Brendan and Jeff came back from checking the cars.

            “Jack!” Tori shouted.

            “Yeah?”

          “We need to check this place out. Something is definitely wrong here. Everyone split into groups of two. Watch out for each other. Jack and I will go over there. Ok? Grab your earpieces.” Tori said.

            “Tori? There’s a situation.” Ari said with Tosh next to her.

             “What is it?” Tori asked her confused gaze on Tosh.

            “Weevil activity three blocks down,” Tosh said.

            Tori stared at Tosh, thinking what to do for the present situation.

            “Who’s going to go get—?” Ari was cut off.

            Jack stepped in, “We will. Tori and I can handle it. Good luck everyone.”

           Everyone walked out of the area to different sections, trying to find out what was going on. Jack and Tori were last to leave.

            After walking for twenty minutes in silence, Jack spoke, “Ok, you know what to do?” He asked Tori.

            “Of course,”  She looked ahead. “There it is,” She said calmly.

          Jack ran forward while Tori got out the Anti-Weevil spray. Tori turned around and saw that there wasn’t just one Weevil. There were two.

          “Jack, there’s two of them,” She said, slowly backing up in to him. He grabbed her shoulders. “Stay very still. Don’t talk.” he whispered.

            “I know but—”

           He covered her mouth with his hand, then tried cautiously grabbing the Anti-Weevil Spray from her.

            The Weevils reacted and ran towards Jack and Tori.

            Jack took Tori around the waist and threw her out of the way.

            She landed on the cement. “Oh no you don’t…” Tori mumbled, getting up off the ground. She ran towards the Weevils, Jack in the middle of them, being torn to sheds. Tori jumpped right on top of one Weevil, and smashed its head into the ground. It appeared to be knocked out. Tori wasn’t sure if the other was a boy, but she figured it was. She kicked the last one standing right between its legs.

            That did the trick. It crumpled to the ground.

            Tori noticed that Jack was lying on the ground, gushing blood. She sat down a foot from him staring, she thought she should be a little bit more worried, but she didn't. She just felt numb. Then, Jack just smiled. Slowly, the wounds stopped bleeding and closed. There wasn’t even a scar.

            “…Very nice, Mr. Harkness,” she said.

            “You don’t seem surprised…?” Jack smiled.

            She looked into his eyes. And they stared at each other for what seemed like ages. Tori broke the silence, “Your eyes…” she whispered. “…Older… Older than your face…” she stood up. “Who are you?”

            Jack also stood. “I’m Captain Jack—”

            “No…you’re not…you’re not him….You’re not in the right time.”

            “How do you know?”

            “There’s a lot you can tell from a man’s eyes.”

            “Agh… Why are you so…” he said something she couldn’t hear.

            Tori stepped back. “What?”

            Just then, the Torchwood Four team along with Torchwood Three walked in the small ally where Tori and Jack stood.

            “What did you guys find?”

            “Well, you and Jack were right about the walls. We found that it’s originally meant to be a prison. The entrances are electrified to keep the prisoners back, and it’s disguised in brick, but that doesn’t explain why all the other bricks are the same pattern.” Tosh said carefully.

            “An entire prison that came through the Rift…?”

            “If that’s all right, we better get out of here… quick.”