Chapter Twelve

Becca yawned as she stumbled out of Torchwood’s Hub and out into the parking lot. She began looking for her car, but she quickly realized it was parked far from here. She stopped, threw her head back, and groaned. Sighing, she looked at her bloodstained self. "Well," she thought, "can't exactly call a taxi in this condition."

        Becca hung a left and began walking along a dock. She hadn’t noticed earlier, but Torchwood’s Hub was right by the water. She walked in the direction of her car, stopping occasionally to check her cell phone, or just gaze out across the water. Becca looked at a street sign and groaned again. She was still four miles from being even remotely close to where she parked her car. She checked her phone. 1:00 A.M. Great…

        She slammed her head against the wooden railing and listened to the water sloshing around. Besides the sloshing water, Becca heard a car pull up. She heard someone get out and walk over to her.

        Keeping silent, Becca thought about how she really did not have time for this.

        She heard the person stop behind her, so she struck out. She spun around and threw a punch at the person’s face. Just a little too late she realized who she was punching: Owen.

        Owen expected this from her, and he grabbed her hand.

        Becca shook her head and pulled her hand back, “Owen you have really got to stop sneaking up on me,” she smirked, “Next time I might just have my gun with me.”

        Owen chuckled, “I’ll try to remember that.”

        Becca rolled her eyes, “Are you like stalking me or something?”

       He looked amused, “Not last I checked.”

      Becca took a deep breath, “Well then what do you want Owen?” Becca was tired and getting annoyed with him.

        Owen shrugged, “I was driving home and I saw you walking… You want a ride?”

        Becca pursed her lips, making them as thin as Owen’s, “Fine, if I say no it’s not like you're just going to go away.”

        Owen smiled, “You’re getting to know me too well.”

        Becca and Owen got into the car, and Becca pointed in the direction of where Owen should turn. About a block from her car, she had Owen pull over.

        “Thanks,” she said quickly getting out. Before he could say anything Becca slammed the door shut and darted down an alley.