Chapter Twenty-One

When everyone had been up and around, Jack decided to come from upstairs.

            “Coffee, sir?” Ianto asked politely.

            “Sure.” Jack responded, and was immediately given coffee. “Anything new?” Jack asked to no one in particular.

            Gwen replied, “Don’t think so… Nothing has popped up in last hour or so.” Just then, Owen dashed out from where Tori was resting, slammed and lock the door as if a Weevil was in it.

           “She just woke, Jack,” he noted, his eyes slightly wide. “And she’s not exactly happy with me…”

              “Who can blame her?” Jack muttered under his breath, and unlocked her room, then walked in.

            Tori was laying in bed. She had been attached to monitors, but she had obviously made Owen remove them. She wasn't one to be tied down. Tori made eye contact with Jack, and saying nothing, got out of bed.

             "Woah, what are you doing?" Jack moved to put a hand on her but she looked up at him angrily.

            "Don't. Touch. Me," she growled, "I have to do this." She brushed past Jack and headed to the Autopsy where Owen was located.

            He was there, mumbled a quick, “Oh shit,” and backed up. Torchwood Three and Four came from behind Tori and watched.

            “Hi, yeah, can one of you help me?” he said, not taking his eyes off Tori.

            “Seriously?” Jeff asked.

            Owen looked up, his shoulders slumped and his eyes pleading as Tori advanced on him. Her movements were slowed and groggy, but she was still a force to be reckoned with. She punched him in the gut, and the upper torso, and was going for the throat when, suddenly, a voice erupted from behind all of them, “What the bloody hell is going on?!”

            They all stopped, dumbfounded, and looked.

           “What the hell are you lot all doing, eh? Just standin’ there?” It was Becca. She staggered closer and tripped. Jack caught her by the torso and helped hold her up. Her head lolled around, and she passed nout on Jack’s shoulder.

            Owen took advantage of Tori’s distraction and threw his fist at her face. She took the blow roughly, and flew onto the steps with her nose pouring blood. Owen ran passed her and took Becca from Jack.

            Jack ran to Tori and tried to help her up. She refused and pushed herself up instead. She then headed towards the nearby sink. Jack stood there, not sure of what to do. Tori seemed to have gotten her revenge on Owen. Her nose stopped bleeding after ten minutes, with Jack standing next to her.