Chapter Seventeen

(A/N) - So, I know Ch. 16 was pretty short, so I added this chapter hoping to make up for it...? :) Anyway, I think this should hold you guys over until tomorrow...

-TY, and enjoy! xx ;D

          Jeff sat in the vaults just staring at a Weevil. He knew he should be doing something, but he didn’t know what. The Weevil glared back at him and grunted every now and then. Jeff sighed, trying to think of where Tyler could have taken Becca. “He was your friend! Where would he go?” Jeff asked himself repeatedly, but he had no answer to his questions.

        Upstairs Owen was finished with Tori. He had sewn her up, and he was attaching her to an IV and a heart monitor when Tosh gasped.

        “What is it?” Gwen asked, coming up behind Tosh.

        Tosh was sitting at her desk and she looked disgusted as she pointed at the computer screen.

        “Oh my God…” Gwen whispered, “Ianto! Go get Jack. Brendan, come here. I’ll go get Jeff.” Then she ran towards the vaults.

        Ianto walked up to them, and Brendan led his way over to Toshiko. Brendan gasped as well and then he walked away, saying he couldn’t watch. Tears were welling up in his eyes

        “What is it?” Owen asked Brendan as he finished up and began taking his latex gloves off.

        Brendan shook his head, “You may not want to know.”

        Confused, Owen walked over to the computer that Tosh was on.

        “Jeff?” Gwen called as she walked down the stairs to the vault, “Please, we need you upstairs. There’s something you need to see.”

        “Coming,” Jeff said blankly.

        “You alright?” asked Gwen. She walked into the Vault Room and saw Jeff sitting and watching the Weevil Jack fondly referred to as ‘Janet’.

        Jeff sighed and turned to Gwen, “I’m fine, just a little shaken up. Is Tori okay?” he asked, walking toward her.

        Gwen nodded, “Owen just finished up with her.”

        Hope flared in Jeff’s eyes, “Good, now all we need is to find Becca.”

       Gwen winced slightly at the mention of Becca’s name as she replied, “Yes… that’s why you may want to come and see this.” Gwen grasped Jeff’s hand and then began walking up the steps. Jeff followed without struggling.

        Jeff, Gwen, Owen, Ianto, and Jack all got to the computer at about the same time. Crowding around Tosh, she explained what they were watching.

        “This is video from security cameras at the beach…” Tosh trailed off, “I’ll just let the video speak for itself.”

        She hit play, and Owen almost threw up. It was a video of Tyler throwing Becca against a rock and then attacking her. Owen’s hands shook in anger as he watched.

        Jack had his arms crossed and he winced each time Ty hit Becca. He imagined what happened to himself, long ago, and understood her pain.

        Gwen turned away, and Jeff’s mouth dropped as he realized he had seriously doubted Tyler’s dangerous capabilities.

        Ianto bit his lip and looked away.

        When it finished Tosh clicked out of it.

        Gwen made eye contact with Jack, “What do we do?” she asked quietly.